Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Original vs Expansion

Options
  • 27-11-2004 8:37pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i prefer the expansion meself more levels & features and getting promoted in gameplay its cool

Oringinal vs Expansion 14 votes

Oringinal
    0% 0 votes
    Expansion
    100% 14 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

For offline game , well tbh I love both of them , have on occasion gone back to the start of the first one and played it right through to the end of the second , my young lad has done the same about 50 times :o

But for online gaming I prefer the first one , the tanks and jeeps make the new one lag so the the skill is gone out of the foot soldier part .

For online I mostly play Heat of Battle now , which is a COD Mod .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Only Human

For online play United Offensive can't be taken serriously. Jeeps fair enough but tanks endorce noobing people. Its like being spammed with a ppshwhen you've got a rifle x10. For me anyway Unitrd offensive is for having a laugh only. Also most of the servers have horrible Pings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

gotta be the original man its far superior as was sad uo is a just for a laugh game poncing about in tanks etc
    Brock

once we have enough members im going to enter SMo into one of the UO ladders on clanbase for the laugh.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Must say I greatly prefer United Offensive multiplayer....having said that I have only played it on a lan where lag was not an issue. We play a mix of game modes and I don't mind tanks add a interesting twist to it. Like the new guns particularly the Kar 43 rifle. Also like the artillery fature in multiplayer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah the weapons in UO are sweet when your playing oringinal levels that have the new guns pretty cool

I love the sprint feature

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Only Human wrote:
    I love the sprint feature
    yeah that helps get of a snipers/tanks view fast

Another good feature ive found handy is laying trip mines. Once you're on the second rank you can go brone and hit melee with the nade to set the trip wire. Im not sure if its new with 1.51 but bot alot of people seem to know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

To be honest I dont like comparing them as they are two different games, UO is a battlefield style game were COD is close quarters with a completely different play style. But which one would I rather have a game of.. it would have to depend on the humour im in, for a laugh it would be UO.. for serious play COD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Is that trip-mine thing for real?!? I've been playing both games at LAN parties for months now and never heard of that. Is it new to 1.51 or have I been suckered? Got to say I prefer UO for multiplayer as the sprint option alone opens up a few dirty tricks in a few maps. :)

Garibaldi wrote:
    Is that trip-mine thing for real?!? I've been playing both games at LAN parties for months now and never heard of that. Is it new to 1.51 or have I been suckered? Got to say I prefer UO for multiplayer as the sprint option alone opens up a few dirty tricks in a few maps. :)

Lol, no its not turns out that I had been on to 4 random diffrent servers with the same mod, in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,117 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

fun mod - so long as your allies don't run throught them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Garibaldi

Ah yes....I knew that....ahem....ah ha ha ha.....good thing I didn't rush off and say it to the rest of the clan......ahem.... ;)

Advertisement