Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Dub in Cork!

Options
  • 06-08-2008 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Ive decided to do a post grad in UCC (Chinese culture and Business if your interested) problem is I have no idea where I'm gonna stay.

All the on campus accommodation is full at the moment and its unlikely I could afford the first lump sum anyway. Ive been looking at the housing list but unless someone can help fill me in on the decent ones I'm gonna be choosing blind (cant get down to Cork until just before I start!).
    So any help from a local or student would be great!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

In Cork most accomadation is walking distance from the college.

Could also try a place called Brookfield and give them a ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

I'm in the same boat, need to find a place in the city, although not as urgently as yourself. By 'housing list', do you mean the list on the UCC website?

Basically, your going to have to come down to Cork or at the very least get a friend to come down and take a look around. Choosing blind is dangerous regardless of advice.

http://www.brookfieldcork.ie/html/students.html

Give them a shout. Nice enough place.
    Its about 5-10mins walk from UCC depending on what part of campus your going to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 gisawear

I just typed on google student acc list and found one from 2007 which was handy.
    Ive been using daft.ie the last day or 2 and there is actually alot of choice at the moment. Just have to sort out getting down to the wee county to view them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

gisawear wrote: »
    Ive been using daft.ie the last day or 2 and there is actually alot of choice at the moment.

Be careful with daft - it'll all look great until they tell you they don't want students...

• Advertisement

Yeah, if your planning on coming down for a short period make sure all the places your seeing know you are a student otherwise you might be wasting your time.

Advertisement