Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY MULTIROOM FOR EXISTING CUSTOMER

Options
  • 06-08-2008 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

Questions on Sky multiroom. I have had Sky for many years. Recently I find myself watching a lot of stuff in the kitchen on the FTA box and terrestrial tv due to the Sky plus box being dominated by significant others to watch various non sporting programmes! Can I 1) As an existing customer phone Sky and get my second box(which I bought privately) nominated for multiroom? 2)Will I have to have a phone line connected? 3)If yes to question 2, will I then have to have my original main box connected to a phoneline also,despite being a subscriber for 9 years? Would appreciate any feedback on this. thanks a lot....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

hi, i had been a customer for years and when i got multiroom yes i needed the phone line connected - both boxes.

I don;t see there being a problem about using your other box though - should be just a matter of sending you a 2nd card then.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,407 ✭✭✭Trampas

i thought you are only required to have the sky box connected to the phone line for the 1st 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

not for multi room afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

thanks for feedback.

I have both my digiboxes(1 skyplus,1 std) in same room, but I operate the fta box by magic eye in the kitchen. The 2nd skycard wud go in the fta box for a while. I would need the phone line then to go to both sky boxes which are next to each other. My question is ...

Is there a device I can buy which will send the phone signal wirelessly to the boxes??

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

You can get wireless phone transmitters in Maplin for around €80, they sell 2 different ones from time to time namely "Phonejack" and "One for All". They both look identical but from experience the phonejack ones are far more reliable so if you can get the phonejack one even if more expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

steveon wrote: »
    You can get wireless phone transmitters in Maplin for around €80, they sell 2 different ones from time to time namely "Phonejack" and "One for All". They both look identical but from experience the phonejack ones are far more reliable so if you can get the phonejack one even if more expensive.
    Thanks-does that mean I could put two phone cables from one of these units into the digiboxes?

Advertisement