Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site and content management costs?

Options
  • 06-08-2008 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

Hi there. Told my friend we'd create a site for him but he wants a good CMS so he can make the updates himself. Who in Ireland provides this service (hosting and CMS) and how much (fees, maintenance etc)?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

meglome wrote: »
    Who in Ireland provides this service (hosting and CMS) and how much (fees, maintenance etc)?

All of em really. If you know you're way around PHP/MySQL then find yourself a good LINUX hosting account and install something like Wordpress or CMS Made Simple. Many hosting accounts will have a Blogging/CMS solution like this pre-installed so that all you need do is login to your a/c and set it all up.

Costs can go anyway from 30Eur to 100Eur depending where you go and what you buy.

I'd recommend some companies that I use/refer to, but I'm too afraid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Recommend away I'll never tell ;)

I don't want to have to set up much on the CMS, just chuck the content in a template and leave it with him. I need it to be a professional set up, business orientated not consumer with basically all software in place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Then all you need do is browse the following list and see which plans suit your needs. Check for pre-installed scripts that will allow your client to add enhanced site functionality without much hassle if required.

I've pmm'd you some personal recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

What kind of budget does he have? A few hundred, 1-2 thousand, 4/5 thousand +

There's a huge range of quality of web design companies and freelancers, I could recommend a few, but it would depend on budget and scope of the project.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Is it just the hosting you are after OP or the web design and development also. If its just the hosting and being able to install a CMS, which is what I gathered you are after from your post where you said you would design and template it then you cant really go wrong with any of the main hosting companies just compare them for price and any requirements of the CMS. Theres loads of them out there, you will find plenty of posts on the different CMS on here and peoples opinions of them.

If you are looking to get the whole site done then I would suggest as P says deciding on a budget and then go put an ad up on adverts.ie for the project.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

I have (or will shortly have the site layout/design as html). I'd like to put this layout into a CMS and then enter the content. I don't want to have to do any major setting up on the CMS. Anyone got prices for this on their websites so I can compare?

He wants a professional, easy to use CMS for his site and is willing to pay for that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

People arent allowed to advertise their business on here so your best option would be to post it on adverts.ie and let people contact you there with prices.

Advertisement