Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Voyager 2110 reconnect issue

Options
  • 05-08-2008 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of the people here are having the same problem with the BT voyager 2110 as I am having.
    Every day when it gets a renewed IP, the router does not resync or connect again. I'm finding I have to go to the router homepage and click connect.

Is this a common problem? Is there a resolve for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Roadrat

Yeah found same problem.Just save the connect page in your favourites- makes it handier.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Yes, have found the same. Only happens now and again - there was a spell of a about 2 weeks where it happened quite a few times - and hasn't happened since.

Are we saying this is a router issue or is it the service itself?

Clicking connect isn't an option where there are applications running that need an 'always on' service....

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Are you running the latest firmware? 3.62/3.63 is the latest firmware. I thought the latest firmware fixed this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭lasno

I am having similar problem but with the wired version voyager 210.
    Is there a new firmware version for this router?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

jmccrohan wrote: »
    Are you running the latest firmware? 3.62/3.63 is the latest firmware. I thought the latest firmware fixed this issue.
    Have the latest firmware - just double checked (3.62).
    Maybe its the service itself if its affecting two types of router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I was 3.63 but downgraded to 3.62 in the hope that the issue would resolve but nada, same thing.
    Reason I have this router is its adsl2 for the 24meg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Suffer from it also and have posted about it here.

BT sent me a new router, left it at the .63 firmware and I still get the disconnected.

DSL line doesnt drop, just have to hit "connect"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Strange. I have 3.62 and have no issues at all..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

Sorry for digging this up again but has there been a fix for this disconnecting problem?? Have been having problems the last week or so!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Canacourse

branners69 wrote: »
    Sorry for digging this up again but has there been a fix for this disconnecting problem?? Have been having problems the last week or so!

Same Here...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭babaloushka

Canacourse wrote: »
    Same Here...

I had a Voyager 2109 recently with the exact same problems - tried latest firmware and searched on Google for answers. Tried here too. It kept on disconnecting and I had to reboot every time as it wouldn't reconnect any other way. I wasn't sure if it was a problem with the router or my ISP (UTV). In the end, I dumped it last week and bought a new Linksys. No problem since :)

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Roadrat

Eurorunner wrote: »
    Yes, have found the same. Only happens now and again - there was a spell of a about 2 weeks where it happened quite a few times - and hasn't happened since.

Are we saying this is a router issue or is it the service itself?

Clicking connect isn't an option where there are applications running that need an 'always on' service....

Turn off router at the back for about 20 secs then turn on again.Voila ! Magic ! Courtesy of BT Helpdesk.It works.

Roadrat wrote: »
    Turn off router at the back for about 20 secs then turn on again.Voila ! Magic ! Courtesy of BT Helpdesk.It works.

It worked for me too - until the next time, which was frequently 10 minutes later :eek: And so on, ad infinitum ..... I was obtaining my daily exercise by getting up and down to turn the router on and off, but it was no good for my downloads or my patience :D
    In my travels around the net looking for solutions I found that the the Voyagers (all of them) had a habit of overheating and mine certainly was hot enough to iron my clothes! The new Linksys is barely lukewarm, so I can only assume that my Voyager fried itself eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭branners69

I have read everything from over heating to BT disconnecting Voyager routers every 24 hours so stop people setting 100gb to download then heading off on holidays!

My solution to the problem was to create a bookmark to the router (http://192.168.1.1/) then all I have to do is hit the connect button and it connects again.

branners69 wrote: »

My solution to the problem was to create a bookmark to the router (http://192.168.1.1/) then all I have to do is hit the connect button and it connects again.

This shortcut worked for me initially, maybe for a few months, then it would only reconnect if switched off and left off for a while. I'm with UTV, so BT weren't cutting me off :pac: I honestly think it's a symptom of this router on its way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Last

I had a problem in the past with this router however the problem was the latest firmware 3.62 and 3.63. Other routers with the same set up but with firmware 3.01 all worked ok. As I could not "downgrade" from 3.62 or 3.63 I tormented BT until they sent me out a couple of old routers with 3.01 firmware. That was at least 18 months ago and I've had no problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Canacourse

BT had me downgrade firmware from 3.63. to 3.62 but problem remains.

Sometimes the yoyager also stops forwarding VOIP but continues to forward other types of traffic. A restart gets it going again.

So much for the free Router / Modem advertised - what am I supposed do I want to access my PC from abroad?

BT said there are know problems with this unit but they did not know when they will be fixed. Can anyone recommend a reliable replacement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Canacourse wrote: »
    BT had me downgrade firmware from 3.63. to 3.62 but problem remains.

Sometimes the yoyager also stops forwarding VOIP but continues to forward other types of traffic. A restart gets it going again.

So much for the free Router / Modem advertised - what am I supported t do I want to access my PC from abroad?

BT said there are know problems with this unit but they did not know when they will be fixed. Can anyone recommend a reliable replacement?
    The Voyager's themselves have issues reconnecting only for ADSL2+ connections.

Sure the time will come when we'll be able to get the new Vodafone routers instead.

cpu-dude wrote: »
    The Voyager's themselves have issues reconnecting only for ADSL2+ connections.

Sure the time will come when we'll be able to get the new Vodafone routers instead.
    Aren't they just perlico zyxel yokes?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Bumping the thread to see if there are any updates.

I have to deal with this problem too. I've been told all the above by BT and the end result is that the problem is still there and nothing is being done about it. I'm told that Vodafone won't be taking over my line until March. I shouldn't have to wait that long for a fully working router?!

Can anyone tell me, is the problem limited to ADSL2+ (aka LLU) connections or does it occur on ordinary ADSL (Bitstream) connections too?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Bumping the thread to see if there are any updates.

I have to deal with this problem too. I've been told all the above by BT and the end result is that the problem is still there and nothing is being done about it. I'm told that Vodafone won't be taking over my line until March. I shouldn't have to wait that long for a fully working router?!

Can anyone tell me, is the problem limited to ADSL2+ (aka LLU) connections or does it occur on ordinary ADSL (Bitstream) connections too?

It's related to only LLU connections (ADSL2+)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭blaze1

I just noticed that I have to restart the modem a lot more than I shoul, tech support bloke said it happens every 24 hrs because of the dynamic ip, will wait to see what happens tommorow,,,
    another question
    is any body else having problems connecting( I still have sync etc) but if I request a web page nothing happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Problems last night, same as Blaze. Diagnostics said it was a problem with the DNS settings. I have the DNS IP address entered manually rather than automatically, thought this would fix this problem but doesnt seem to have made a difference.

A restart fixed the router however so no biggie. I do find I have to restart the router every few days which is a bit annoying but not something I'm going to fret over.

Advertisement