Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CARA DILLON

Options
  • 05-08-2008 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

Just got Cara Dillons Redcastle sessions on DVD.I have to say she is a cut above the rest when it comes to singing and arrangements.Her version of P for Paddy is class and at her live gigs John OGrady does a brilliant job on pipes.
    The only thing I was'nt too happy with on the DVD was that her sister Mary is involved in one song and could'nt be heard singing the chorus.Mary and her band Deanta were also fantastic and is sorely missed.
    I am just curious to see if there are many Cara Dillon Fans out there????

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Hey Rithim. Yep I do like some of her stuff alright, and I only saw some because I haven't heard very much. I do have a recording of her on an RTE show called Other Voices and I was very impressed. Especially with her rendition of There Were Roses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

Yep i got to see Cara Dillon few years ago at a venue in waterford that i cant think of the name of right now, she had her band with her, very very good and a joy to listen to, also was quite humble for all her talent which i think is a lovely attribute, definately a fan of what she had then, dont know what shes got out now.
    Not alot on youtube either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭chalad07

Yeah, she really is a great singer. Have you heard this song she does with Paul Brady: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrxD9mxd6ug

It's really, really good. Two of the best Irish singers around at the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

I only know her from her contribution to Mike Oldfields Tubular Bells III

Excellent voice and very suited to this song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Rithim

podge3 wrote: »
    I only know her from her contribution to Mike Oldfields Tubular Bells III

Excellent voice and very suited to this song.

I have often heard about her contribution to Tubular Bells III.This is my first time to hear it and it sounds class but still you have to hear her Trad songs to really appreciate the Band.Again look at Utube and call up P for Paddy.
    Thanks everyone for adding to this thread.

• Advertisement
Advertisement