Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

price of replacement windows

Options
  • 05-08-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I need to replace the windows in my house.8 in total, 2 front ones I want to look nice, but not concerned about the rest as they are all rear facing. I am of course attracted to wood& wood/alu windows but can't believe the prices that I have read on other forums, so may be forced to settle with PVC.
    My house is in Galway-can anyone recommend a company and also give me an idea of how much I will have to pay?
    thanks
    d:confused::confused::confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 didigray

thank you cool cat, sorry i just joined.
    however, not really 'DIY', I won't be doing it myself, and no other threads about windows there. Some other window queries got lost with no reply in DIY---is there a more suitable forum?

thanks

d:o

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

didigray wrote: »
    thank you cool cat, sorry i just joined.
    however, not really 'DIY', I won't be doing it myself, and no other threads about windows there. Some other window queries got lost with no reply in DIY---is there a more suitable forum?

thanks

d:o
    While you may not be fitting the windows yourself this is the correct forum for your query.

As you said, you are new so put a little trust in those that have been around here for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 didigray

thanks for all the advice about where to file my question!!
    anyone any advice about my query?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Didigray. It seems that people that sell doubleglazing are rarely recomended.

Isn't it about time this forum was renamed DIY & Home Improvement?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Sounds good 2 stroke.

Everyone has to learn somewhere didigray... welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

It can be very hard to locate this forum ,from the REC drop down menu.
    It might be recreational for IT people ,but not for a lot of people who would use it.
    Household/Construction main heading would be easy to drop down from ,for any labour or diy topics .But who am I ????:eek::)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 likeacod

where abouts in galway are you?

price depends on the size fof the window ect.

Advertisement