Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl safety goggles.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭private.G

vtec wrote: »
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080804.p.SportsSunglasses

only 12yoyo's and their made from polycarbonate. there designed for impact and are catagory 1, just shot them too and there fine., :)

and what about foging up ???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

ive only just got them,.

oh ok.
    at the time u will hawe them tested on field they might be gone.
    What to do what to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Meant to go and get a pair of them today and give them a test. Nice on vtec. Think I'll pick up a pair or two for spares and loaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Nice. Marley is 15 mins away on the bike, and Lidls opposite it :) I'll be getting some in the morning. When I get em I'll go for a run around the garden and then post a pic of them when I'm done, see if they fog.

Thanks rich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Nice. Marley is 15 mins away on the bike, and Lidls opposite it :) I'll be getting some in the morning. When I get em I'll go for a run around the garden and then post a pic of them when I'm done, see if they fog.

Thanks rich.

Hehe wonder what the neighbours will think of that :D

Hehe wonder what the neighbours will think of that :D

Cant see into my garden:) Means I can plink without anyone knowing.

Cant see into my garden:) Means I can plink without anyone knowing.

Is that what kid are calling it these days.......

:D:p

Is that what kid are calling it these days.......

:D:p

You dirty little.....bah...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Sure you're all a bunch of plinkers :p:p:p:p:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20080804.p.SportsSunglasses

only 12yoyo's and their made from polycarbonate. there designed for impact and are catagory 1, just shot them too and there fine., :)

Just picked up a couple of pairs, they look and feel great, the foam is a complete seal, which is one of the reasons I was avoiding most safety glasses. Spare lenses (categories 3 and 4), a carry pouch and a head strap make this a steal for 12 bux. The Naas and Clane Lidl still have heaps of 'em.

Oh, and while I was there (since they're doing cycling stuff) I picked up some nice black fingerless gloves, which I've been looking for for a while. Sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭delta-boy

funnny you mention that vtec,because just before the red-hammer event i needed a pair of goggles and i was told by paul from curious unlimited (army surplus shop up north)to go to homebase or B&Q as they do excellent work goggles,which i bought and are extremely comfortable and dont fog up that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

Cheers vtec, its about time I picked up some glasses to replace my broken face mask!...now lets hope there are some left in the Maynooth branch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Picked up two pairs of these in Lidl on Greenhills Road about an hour ago, they still had plenty left. Couldn't find any in the branch on Walkinstown Avenue though.

Just got mine in Lidl Ballinteer(opposite marley), they have loads left too.
    Bargain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Keggers

So, how well do they work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Keggers wrote: »
    So, how well do they work?
    Zey do nohsing!

2ni71qetr9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Even this isn't Airsoft related, I think they're good. I wore them playing cricket on Monday and no fogging up at all. The foam is an ideal seal and keeps the sweat out of your eyes too which is handy. The light enhancing on them is good too.

So buying `em would`nt be a waist of money..

Rich, are all the lenses strong enough to resist a bb?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

unload on them at like 2 feet and tell us :P

DSC01396.jpg
    Soon as the 550 arrives its sniper time.

Lethal:
    yeah i shot them yesterday, no damage at all to te lens., :)

Lethal:
    yeah i shot them yesterday, no damage at all to te lens., :)

And, it seems, they just dont fog! Unless I extend my l;ower lip and purposely blow on them(fogs slightly) they stay clear.

Kudos to rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just a word of warning

Cheeky, (neil) shot at his pai and the lenses flew out.

This also happend to 3 other pairs that were down at hrta tonight, although two other pairs where grand.

So be warned..

Definatly advise you test yours out, or set yourself happy with one pair of lenses and make sure they stick

Just emptyed 1 lo-cap on mine. And they r fine.
    lucky me...

id say you wally's didnt fit the lens in properly.,lol have had it happen to gaurder ones aswell.,
    A few mins ago after hearing that i shot mine again, with 1J, no probs., :) the first time i did it the other night the lens poped out coz i didnt install it right, after refitting them ive shot them a load of times and their grand., :).,

id say you wally's didnt fit the lens in properly.,lol have had it happen to gaurder ones aswell.,
    A few mins ago after hearing that i shot mine again, with 1J, no probs., :) the first time i did it the other night the lens poped out coz i didnt install it right, after refitting them ive shot them a load of times and their grand., :).,
    Did u try the other 2 lenses ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

I was doing it on a set of the spares and I did it 3+ times and I did check to see if put them in right

• Advertisement

Yeah but neil,

Your a retard!!

lol., :p,
    just messin with ya.,

Advertisement