Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hooking Sky box up to TV upstairs

Options
  • 05-08-2008 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know if this is possible ?

I have a sky box downstairs with my existing telly. I have another TV upstairs that I want to hook up to the downstairs Sky box. I have found that there is a coax cable running through the walls to a point upstairs.It is just a square flat plastic panel on the wall which I unscrewed to find the cable, there seems to be one for every room. can I run my sky box through this to the upstairs TV? If I can would I need any special connections?

Thanks in advance for any advice

Corm500

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Is the cable in the wall only running to the TV upstairs or is it going into the attic into some distribution amplifier?

You'll want the former -- a direct connection from RF2 of the digibox to the TV link connected to the second TV. This requires a small current from RF2 of the digibox to enable you to change channels in the other room. Don't use the wallplate for best results or, if you do, make sure it's not insolated or else this won't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

ethernet wrote: »
    make sure it's not insulated or else this won't work.

Erm, you mean "not isolated"! (It better be insulated.)
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Erm, you mean "not isolated"! (It better be insulated.)
    ;)

Advertisement