Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dilemma about jobs and choosing one

Options
  • 05-08-2008 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Ok the story is ive been looking for a job for good few weeks now and been in touch with a good few recruitment agencies. Last friday one fairly big recruitment agency got me a job in a call centre for a bank to start today which I did and it was fine. The thing about the job is that its far enough away (im in dublin west towards city centre and the job is in south county dublin).

Today another recruitment agency rang and said there is a job in a place pretty close to the city centre. My girlfriend works for this company where the job offer is but not in same department so would be no problems getting on each others nerves as the departments dont mix.

Taking the job closer to me would free up a lot of time for me as well as being able to see the girlfriend a bit more at nights as the first job is very far from hers so cant really stay there anymore during weekdays because of it.

I am not really worried about how i get on with the girlfriend as I know the departments dont mix and the only time I would really see here would be maybe at lunch and thats it.

I know they are both only temp positions but would the first recruitment agency be really pissed if I quit the job?

Anybody got any advice on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Nope they wont! They get paid commission!!!!!!

It just didn't work out...

when you do quit; don't ever go back to them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Working with someone your GF could be a big hassle, I see couple who work together and they bring their problems to work. It could be ok if you're in different departments but I think its best to keep love and work seperate. As for the recruitment agency, explain that the travel is too much, I'm sure they'll understand

Advertisement