Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky at 2 addresses

Options
  • 05-08-2008 4:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

A situation i'm going to find myself in shortly.

I currently have sky installed at my parents house. It's in my name and the direct debit comes out of my account.

I'm soon moving into my own house and will want sky installed. Different address but same name and same bank account.

Can't transfer sky at my parents house into one of their names as neither of them have a bank account.

2 questions really.

1. Would I be able to avail of the new customer offers as technically it would be a new installation?
    2. Would there be a problem with having 2 accounts, 2 addresses but only 1 bank account?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 milanac

Princess78

In much the same boat myself and from asking around you have some options

Call into local sky rep, probably sign u up as a new customer, otherwise just change some detail on your application form, eg your new address (if different) or use your credit card for th DD.
    This way u can avail of current Sky offers for new customers - sure Sky dont care as long as bills are paid ; )

Also, i'm am lookin into just cancellin the sky subscription at original address, if the contract have been held for over the 12 mths contract you could get free to air channels - this would suit me as parents not too bothered as long as they can get decent reception for the likes of RTE and so on.

hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Princess78

Thanks, that's pretty much exactly as I was thinking of doing, least I know it's probably possible now.

Advertisement