Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii Mod Help Needed

Options
  • 05-08-2008 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Alright lads, I'm from Dublin, and have a few questions about the Modchips for the Wii.

I am thinking about buying one, my Serial No is: Leh102134...

I would like to get a wii modchip preferably one that involves little or no soldering at all, is easy to set up, and supports a lot of games.

I don't know which one to choose, I think I have narrowed it down to Wiikey, D2Pro and Yowii.

Is it true if you update the wii using a Nintendo Provided Update, while the modchip is present, that it will brick the wii?

Thanks for the input lads, look forward to hearing back from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 sub5

Hey Niall,
    according to your serial number its a very early wii you have, i'd go with the wiikey because its cheaper than the D2Pro and will essentially do the same thing once installed. The only way to brick up your wii is to update it using a game not from your region IE. you update your PAL wii with an NTSC game. But theres ways of getting around this if it ever happens.

hope this helps
    Sub5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i have an unopened wii key you can have it if you want, i needed a d2pro key, i wouldnt update to latest 3.3 wii update, it disables some stuff, if your like me and play custom guitar hero games you wont be able to, there is a way around it but its very complicated,

Advertisement