Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where (other forums) are people going to discuss hosting??

Options
  • 05-08-2008 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

As discussion about hosting is banned here on boards, what other Irish forums are people using to discuss hosting issues?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Irish webmasters forum, you can discuss hosting there, but its a bit quiet there some of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Yeah, www.irishwebmasterforum.com is worth a look and most of us regulars keep an eye on all RSS feeds so it does stay very active.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭bigjohnny80

You can discuss at my new forum - (hope thats ok mods)

www.irishbusinessforum.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

DJB wrote: »
    Yeah, www.irishwebmasterforum.com is worth a look and most of us regulars keep an eye on all RSS feeds so it does stay very active.

Another vote for IWF here! www.iwf.ie is a handy shortcut to the same site!
    You can discuss at my new forum
    Ummmm... errr, no thanks. Maybe when there is any sort of a community built up but if it's just a stick-up-a-forum-and-some-google-ads-and-see-what-happens site, like the many hundreds before you, then I can't be bothered to make that community grow. If you've plans to make it grow, good luck, but that's not obvious from the current site.

cgarvey wrote: »

Ummmm... errr, no thanks. Maybe when there is any sort of a community built up but if it's just a stick-up-a-forum-and-some-google-ads-and-see-what-happens site, like the many hundreds before you, then I can't be bothered to make that community grow. If you've plans to make it grow, good luck, but that's not obvious from the current site.

Thanks for the feedback - of course I want the community to grow. Bit unfair to mention the google ads. There is only a few up and not intrusive. Not the only forum ever to use ads, and I have no ambition to make money whatsoever from the site.

It's only up a few days so clearly not much there at the mo, hopefully will build up as time goes on. I'm in business myself and always wanted to start a good irish business community on the web. Delighted if you joined!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

You see, having the google ads (however intrusive) and no community just puts you in that same pile as, literally, the hundreds of other community-less forums that invariably end up being hacked or spammed.

Now if you're working hard on building that community up I do wish you well, but if you don't have a plan, or an incentive to join... welll that's where my problem lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭jmcc

A few of the hosters are on www.iwf.ie and in terms of hosting discussion and related information it is probably the best forum for it in Ireland.

Regards...jmcc

cgarvey wrote: »
    You see, having the google ads (however intrusive) and no community just puts you in that same pile as, literally, the hundreds of other community-less forums that invariably end up being hacked or spammed.

Now if you're working hard on building that community up I do wish you well, but if you don't have a plan, or an incentive to join... welll that's where my problem lies.

Fair enough, I didn't realise that. I'll think about what you have said and will consider changing a few things. Thanks.

Advertisement