Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best pc equipment available to buy!

Options
  • 05-08-2008 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

i was wondering what the best pc i could make EVER with current equipment would be? i would like to play all the latest games at high to very high at a high resoloution. i have no limit to how much i spend....anything is allowed! ideas??
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

No limit to how much? You win the lotto or something?

I've a feeling you could be looking at about a 10k bill by the time the real lads in here get goind :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

q9770, 790i board, 3x280gtx, 8GBs DDR3 (although 4GBs would probably be better for overclocking), raided ssds, 30" monitor (maybe 2). Then have a separate file server for all your storage connecting the two via gigabit ethernet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

right now i'd imagine a tri sli with gtx280 would be a start. But as soon as the hd4870x2 come out later this month 2 in crossfire would most likely beat it. Either set up would eat anything you can throw at it twice over( crysis excepted this would however be smoothly playable all maxed out at high res). That said a normal 4870 will play all games maxed out but Crysis at decent res. intel q9770 on a decent x48 for crossfire or 790i for SLI. 8gigs of ddr3 although you'd probably be better off with 4 gigs from an over clocking point of view.
    A start anyway.

edit lol AC got there before me. God dam i'm a slow typer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

.. 6 months down the line staring at his empty pocket and outdated PC :pac:

30" is a must anyway dell one. Great for games

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

q9770, 790i board, 3x280gtx, 8GBs DDR3 (although 4GBs would probably be better for overclocking), raided ssds, 30" monitor (maybe 2). Then have a separate file server for all your storage connecting the two via gigabit ethernet

probably last u about 3 years, maybe 4 at most, i know my amd 3000 at the time was the sh*t but still only lasted 3 years before it couldnt take was i was dishing at it anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

skulltrail 8 cores , looking at maybe 2 or 3 grand in Mobo and extreme Processors
    some kind of expensive phase unit , easily 5+ grand
    Tri sli , or quad crossfire again a grand or so
    , couple of raptors in raid , or ssd's , depending the skies the limit , 5 raptors maybe 1G
    , Huge monitor , maybe 2. €2,358.29 each
    optimus keyboard , fully kitted out os 1,200 euros

....allot....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Unless you can afford to throw car money at a pc you cant afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Unless you wanted to put some wheels and a engine on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

You're forgetting furniture. You aren't going to build a machine like that and leave it on the carpet surely? And you certainly aren't going to be sitting on a three legged wooden milking stool either.

Personally I'd like something like the old Daytona USA arcade machine style seating, but I'm a man of simple taste, and seating like that doesn't make much sense outside of arcade fans tastes, certainly wouldn't suit FPS-fans.

Besides, it wouldn't have the room for the absurdly big surround sound system and the ergonomics for your caffeine gum vending machine would be a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

Case - Silverstone TJO7B-W Custom paint job at Chilled PC.
    Mobo - Intel Skulltrail
    CPU - 2 X Intel Core 2 Extreme qx 9775
    RAM - 4 X Crutial fbdimm
    Graphics 2 x MSI 280GTX
    Psu - MIN 1200W
    Storage - 5 x iTB Samsung Spinpoint
    Cooling - Swiftech Custom Kit
    X-fi Extreme Gamer

• Advertisement

TonyM. wrote: »
    Case - Silverstone TJO7B-W Custom paint job at Chilled PC.
    Mobo - Intel Skulltrail
    CPU - 2 X Intel Core 2 Extreme qx 9775
    RAM - 4 X Crutial fbdimm
    Graphics 2 x MSI 280GTX
    Psu - MIN 1200W
    Storage - 5 x iTB Samsung Spinpoint
    Cooling - Swiftech Custom Kit
    X-fi Extreme Gamer

Then add in the 2 30" dell monitors. A few SSD's Then a nice 10TB Nas box to backup everything. Have to throw in a BR drive and a HD one just because you can.

Actually op. try somewhere like www.vadim.co.uk or www.scan.co.uk They make some seriously well built killer machines !

Anti wrote: »
    Then add in the 2 30" dell monitors. A few SSD's Then a nice 10TB Nas box to backup everything. Have to throw in a BR drive and a HD one just because you can.

Actually op. try somewhere like www.vadim.co.uk or www.scan.co.uk They make some seriously well built killer machines !

You are aware that scan are basically a skeleton crew at the moment, the company has pretty much folded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 km_corrigan

You are aware that scan are basically a skeleton crew at the moment, the company has pretty much folded.

Heard Vadim liquidated a few months back, not sure on Scan... wonder what will happen to peeps with warranties on machines and the likes?

wonder what will happen to peeps with warranties on machines and the likes?

That would be the reason for the skeleton crew.

Vadim were bought by HP as their exclusive range almost 2 years ago. And are still going strong but being seperated from HP a little for some reason.

Have heard no news about scan though ! Cant even find anything on google.

Advertisement