Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communications

Options
  • 04-08-2008 11:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use walkie-talkies?

Whats communication like on the battlefield? (Refer to airsoft sites)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭amaughan

yes i think everyone uses them now but you need an ear piece everyone that i play at skirmish airsoft command use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

you dont NEED an earpiece, they are just handy.

I use a radio i got in lidl for 20 euro and its brillaint.

Ive coverage all over the HRTA site and they have a wider range.

A simple set of headphones can be plugged into them which is handy in sneaky situations when you dont want to be too loud.

Comms are very handy. You can pay top dollar for kit thats excellent, or 20 bucks like me for kit that will do the job.

its nearly like clones and high ends, you pay more for slightly better qualities and touches, but they generally do the same thing and you get roughly the same performance..although more expensive sets can be crystal clear

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

At a guess 30-50% have comms, but they're not used all that ovten. Big games and events they can be very handy. Headsets are a must.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

I'm not familiar with this subject at all, but can everyone connect with eachother?
    Thanks for replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm not familiar with this subject at all, but can everyone connect with eachother?
    Thanks for replies.

Yeah, legally we can only use the band PMR446 so we can all talk with each other. We just select the channel and press the button.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Jimbobak47

Comms are essential we have 2 in our team 1 for FSG and the other for the scout or assault team.
    But the best thing was we could tune radios to say channel 2 so everyones on the same channel. great as there are different teams doing different jobs, Patriots on FSG, ATF on Assault, others on recci etc

whoops ive gone and repeated what was said (ah sod it)

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭c-90

jimbobak47 about sums it, up but headses are not a must! there just gucci and handy. if you want to fork out lots of money to look the part then do so but a cheap ass radio and earphones from lidle will do the exact same job. there very usefull for keeping organised in the feild and you wont regret buying some

Advertisement