Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**MATCH THREAD** TUES,AUG 5TH @ 20:00 - Venue : Wesley -> JATFM V Boardeaux

Options
  • 04-08-2008 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

last league game of the season, another tough one. Im not back until friday evening, so missing this one. need a good performance to take to friday.

Carl -
    Martin -
    Ed - NO (Away)
    Dan -
    Michael -
    Geoff -
    Simon -
    Cathal -
    Shay -
    Colm -
    Gav -
    Sav -
    Kenny -
    Lepo -
    Jules –
    Art -
    Eddie(Nunu) -
    Iain (j_o_c) -
    Owen -

Others -

Ben -
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'll be there and am good for a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'll be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

I won't be there I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Ye, I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

I'll be there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

wanted to come along to last one but can't make it, sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

LoBo wrote: »
    wanted to come along to last one but can't make it, sorry :(

last one?

colm, theres a cup game on friday :) and if we win that, another game the week after and hopefully friendlies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Fatmag

Carl -
    Martin -Yes
    Ed - NO (Away)
    Dan -
    Michael -Yes
    Geoff - Yes
    Simon - Yes
    Cathal - no
    Shay - No
    Colm -No

Gav - Yes
    Sav -No
    Kenny - Yes
    Lepo - Yes
    Jules –Yes
    Art -Yes
    Eddie(Nunu) -Yes
    Iain (j_o_c) -
    Owen -

Others -

Ben -no

Al - no
    James - 50/50

anybody like to give a quick summary of the game?

• Advertisement

We were muck.

0-3.

just got a text from one of the lads that goes along with what martin said, we were muck, defended terribly and missed a penalty at 1-0.

heads up lads, the big one is friday.

Beaten 2-0 by what were simply a better team. They scored the second in the last minute but realistically should've been further up due to good chances in the first 20 minutes.

We weren't all that bad but just didn't have any cohesion. For me our biggest problem was we just didn't clear our lines early enough or effectively, which is a pity as they were one team that was definitely vulnerable to the long ball. We weren't far off nicking a goal a couple of times and could've given ourselves more chances by getting it forward early, but they had several nippy players going forward and a draw would've been a good result for us. As was the story of the season, we weren't all that far off the pace but were only playing to our strengths sporadically.

Still, there was a few decent performances, Karl in goal and Mikey at left full in particular, and for me just getting a first proper runout in 8 weeks to run off some of the cobwebs felt good....roll on the cup!

It was 3 nil Jules.

Ah, and so it was - think I blanked out that 2nd poxy goal. Anyways, fair scoreline but it wasn't all bad news, we could pull out a result on Friday for sure.

Still, there was a few decent performances, Karl in goal

was just thinking about this, karl has been super all year, he has not put a foot wrong and a few times has been the difference between us getting a pasting and us pulling off a result or even a close defeat.

i know he is thinking of calling it a day next season, but lads, i think we need him badly. i dont know any keepers available anyway, maybe somebody does? its a big commitment to give a full season in goals, karl is as dependable as they come.

so jules, maybe you can have a gentle word with him? i think we are in trouble without him and it would be very hard to replace him. your keeper is your most important position.

Just back from hospital there. My wrist is broken after that tackle last night. I'll be out for at least 6 weeks :(

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Just back from hospital there. My wrist is broken after that tackle last night. I'll be out for at least 6 weeks :(

f*cking hell, thats rough. sorry to hear that. at least, you wont miss 6 matches anyway, mostly friendlies and how ever many cup games we play.

you may even be back for the start of the season, depending on the dates.

Yeh hopefully back for that alright. If you're doing fitness sessions I can still participate. Just no contact.

Bummer to hear that Martin, hard as nails playing on with a broken wrist wha'?

• Advertisement

It's my 5th broken bone so used to it at this stage :eek:

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    It's my 5th broken bone so used to it at this stage :eek:

your as bad as saha :)

or harry kewell.:D

Advertisement