Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo New Improved Rail Service?

Options
  • 04-08-2008 7:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

Hello - I'm having an argument (sorry discussion) on a different thread about the possible inadequacy of the 2700 type railcars for the new services on the Western Rail Corridor. If you're a patron of CIE/IE's services on the Dublin/Sligo line please let us know how things have improved since you got your new trains and how bad were the previous railcars. :):)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

think i caught a bit of that thread mate, haven't used the new intercity ones on the sligo route route yet, think its the 22000, but have used the comuter (possibly 29000) quite a few times, although you do have room to move in the carriages, ie, walking about, the seating arangments and the size of the tables are not designed for such a long journey, especialy with four people seated around them

and if you dont get a table seat when getting on, can be a crampt journey, even with a table seat, you are still very close to the person arcross from you, plus no power outlets for your laptop, PSP etc, and have found them colder in the cooler months

there has been some talk of them both the comuter and the intercity, over on the sligo forum for those who have used them, and the overall opinion, the intercity ones, are prefered, if this threads still about next week, will let you know my virdict on the newer one, taking a trip down to dublin then

Advertisement