Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thumped.com Charity Football Tournament - August 16th

Options
  • 04-08-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

Thumped.com is running its annual 7-a-side football tournament this August 16th in aid of IRISH AUTISM ACTION. Get your team together and sign up to compete for some sweet musical & boozey prizes.

• €180 Per Team
    • 9 players Maximum

11.30am - 5pm, August 16th 2008

UCD Sportsground. Map

To sign up a team, email thumpedtournament@gmail.com with your team name and contact details. We will then respond to confirm your application and supply the payment details to reserve your team's place in the tournament.

thumpedfootball-2008.jpg

www.thumped.com/football for more info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm in for this! Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

hmm dunno, i may not be around for it, have a night out in limerick the night before and wont be back up for 11.30.

me and art put a team into a competition there last week in UCD and won it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

We entered this last year, I think it would be nice to go again.

Des wrote: »
    We entered this last year, I think it would be nice to go again.

how did ye get on? i think i was away for this. there is a chance, that my mates (including art and dan) will defend our UCD crown at this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Think this was the tournament last year where we were robbed in the semis just before the penos by a goal the opposition scored from winning the ball with such a blatant high foot that we kinda half stopped just taking it for granted the ref was gonna call the foul (can't remember who the foot was up against but I remember making the point to the ref that he was about 6'2" and the foot was at his chin so how could it now be a high challenge)....ah bitterness never dissipates with time.

Pity I'm away at a wedding that weekend cos I'd defo be on for it otherwise - we were about on the same level with the winners and that was only after scraping a team together from our squad.

• Advertisement

Well I'm definitely up for it. We can talk about it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

20 euro each is a bit steep but I suppose it is for charity. Count me in also.

Tusky wrote: »
    20 euro each is a bit steep but I suppose it is for charity. Count me in also.

there all €20 a man now, even 5 a sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭teamdresch

How's it looking lads?
    Will ye have a team?

Not as this stage no.

• Advertisement

maybe send a group text and see who is interested? i cant make it anyway, wont be back up in time.

Haven't had time to set up that group text thing yet. I'm ridiculously busy at the moment. There was no interest last Tuedsday anyway so don't think it'll happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

I'm in if we go ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭kramerica

ha ha, my team would have humbled you guys anyway, like Liverpool V Barnsley.

No, wait... :eek:

avernus
    Tusky
    Gilead
    LeixlipRed

We almost have a team.

[edit] Just realized its 7 a side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭Idu

Pretty sure Martin(Leixlip Red) won't be playing this. I'll play if we get a team together

Went to consultant today about my wrist. Out for 3 months minimum. ****ing sucks ass. Broke a bone in my wrist joint and if you come back to early supposedly there's a risk of arthritis and lifetime chronic pain :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Think this was the tournament last year where we were robbed in the semis just before the penos by a goal the opposition scored from winning the ball with such a blatant high foot that we kinda half stopped just taking it for granted the ref was gonna call the foul (can't remember who the foot was up against but I remember making the point to the ref that he was about 6'2" and the foot was at his chin so how could it now be a high challenge)....ah bitterness never dissipates with time.

I almost lost an eye. :)

~Darragh

Tusky wrote: »
    avernus
    Tusky
    Gilead
    LeixlipRed

We almost have a team.

[edit] Just realized its 7 a side.

janets_on_clubs
    avernus
    Tusky
    Gilead

Still 3 short...

group text martin??

• Advertisement

Ed, Des sent you the numbers as well. I have a fecking thesis due in a week for my masters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, in the end there were only 8 teams there, and the team i was on (Sporting Hangover) won it. Only had to play 4 games too, since one or two teams went home after losing their first two games. The conditions were, as expected, awful but it was good fun in the end.

Advertisement