Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My site has disappeared!

Options
  • 04-08-2008 4:38pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

It was there a few days ago, but now my site www.digital.dj is gone - and it has been replaced by one of those for sales landing pages.

Can anyone tell me why this might happen? I paid my renewal fees a few months ago, and the other sites on the hosting package seem fine.

I'll emailed the host but not expecting reply till tomorrow, just wondering if anyone here has seen this happen before?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are you paying your hosting and domain seperately?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Payment ran out is the most obvious one alright.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Both hosting and domain are through the same company - very well known Irish host who posts here often. I just checked and I have a a receipt of the domain being renewed in May. Hopefully just a hickup that can be fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

According to whois domain tools, it's gone to a German marketing company

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Even though I paid my host, would it be possible that they did not renew the domain correctly? What happens now?

• Advertisement

I'm still getting emails from info at digital.dj ... weird..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Registry Data
    Whois Server: whois.intnet.dj

Server Data
    IP Address: 82.98.86.175

IP Location Germany - Germany - Sedo Domain Parking

Response Code: 200

Domain Status: Registered And Parked Or Redirected

It looks like that domain was bought by a domain parking company,

There is NO way to get a whois from a .dj domain

.dj is a CCTLD - it belongs to Djibouti. Rules for CCTLDs are different from rules for GTLDs. National law takes precendence over any rules ICANN might want to impose. And there are countries whose national laws prohibit the publication of private names and addresses on a public server. Don't know if Djibouti is one of them or not, but if Djibouti doesn't want a Whois then that's up to Djibouti.

Advertisement