Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help....oven burnt my presses

Options
  • 04-08-2008 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭

my built in oven has melted the presses beside it. what's going on?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

pathway33 wrote: »
    my built in oven has melted the presses beside it. what's going on?

Its too hot?

Probably not the best place for this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

yes :) so why is the heat escaping to the outside rim of the oven door. surely this shouldn't even be luke warm?

i'm new here. where should i post this? i couldnt find anything under house appliances

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Moved to Home Appliances.

Moved from Engineering.

/damn it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

You should get someone out to take a look for starters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

yes :) so why is the heat escaping to the outside rim of the oven door. surely this shouldn't even be luke warm?

i'm new here. where should i post this? i couldnt find anything under house appliances

thanks

is the seal still there?

i'll have a look when i get back to the house in a few days. hope the seal is gone. that would be so easy to fix :):)

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

i'll have a look when i get back to the house in a few days.

You didn't leave the oven on did you? :eek:

:D

sueme wrote: »
    You didn't leave the oven on did you? :eek:

:D

i tried to turn the buttons off but they were too hot so i decided the best thing to do was bury my head in the sand and come back in a week when the dust has settled :D

kearnsr wrote: »
    is the seal still there?

the rubber seal is there but the inner glass has come away at the bottom so thats how the heat escaped to the outside of the door.

so why would the glass come away? do i need a new inner glass or can i just 'paste' it back?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Yearning4Stormy

Pathway, exactly the same thing happened to my (Zanussi) oven a couple of years back.
    so why would the glass come away?

Is it an eye level oven and you're "resting" stuff (Sunday roast in a big feckin' pot) on the glass as you're transferring it in/out of the oven? That's what caused my inner glass to peel away from the housing.
    do i need a new inner glass or can i just 'paste' it back?

Thankfully, you can "paste" it back. I used high temperature industrial glue from this crowd in the UK - http://www.intek-uk.com/ - cost Sgt£21.10 + VAT back in '05.

I did have to dismantle the door of the oven to reglue it, though :D

yeah Zanussi. its not at eye level. it's an 'on your knees job' and i wasnt using it myself but the resting pot seems extrremely likely

many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

LoL. There are "oven engineers" now? :p

I suppose someone had to design the thing.

was thinking i might just get a new zanussi door. can't cost that much. :rolleyes: its highly likely there will be more sunday roasts placed on the glass during the year and i have seen a zanussi door where the glass is less likely to peel away because it is much better supported.

any idea where i would get a door? :D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe Quinnspares or Exsparetise.

Advertisement