Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary from Dungloe

Options
  • 04-08-2008 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I just got back to Dub-land after a lovely long weekend at the Mary from Dungloe and i must say I was really pleasantly suprised at how well organized it was and what a great buzz there was about the town.

I remember the festival fondly from my childhood when there was always a great atmostphere, however it has been absolutely rubbish over the last few years. This year the old magic of it was well and truelly back, Shane Mcgowan, Sharon shannon, Mundy and crew were a triumph- and i think there was a vibrancy back as a result of this 'younger' focus.

That is far from to say that only the younger people enjoyed it- because i think it was enjoyed by all age groups, particularly the really old dude on thursday evening who thought the main street was a huge session of free feelies!

Anyhow- was wondering what everyone else thought of it- and also wanted to say well done to anyone who was involved in organizing!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

sigh i missed them on tory by an hour :( heard the Tyrone one was a stunner though. It seems like a deadly festival though would love to take a proper run to it some year

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

So they actually made it good this year?

I'm from Dungloe and I remember the festival being great craic when I was younger, but in recent years it's been ****. Stayed in Dublin for the whole of the festival, I don't think I could take hearing Galway Girl from my house lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Thumpette

Yeah- its beeb beyond bad of late- really enjoyed the weekend tho- sure give it a blast next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,878 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Nice to hear that the festival was a success this year. It was the place to be a good few years ago and I think we are all in agreement that it it lost its appeal for a period.

Good news however and roll on next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

They need to get the Dome back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

It was the best festival in years but still spoiled by wee rats who seemed to think it great fun to pick fights when full of drink in saying that I really enjoyed it this year:D

Advertisement