Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i'm sayin Nawthin

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

So. Am. It's a conspiracy of human nature?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

tis all part of the conspiracy against the common man, this highlights how cops can railroad you into a confession if you give them the chance.

If I'd had this a couple of years ago to show my mate he might still have his skyline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

tis all part of the conspiracy against the common man, this highlights how cops can railroad you into a confession if you give them the chance.

If I'd had this a couple of years ago to show my mate he might still have his skyline

i don't understand why you put that in conspiracy theories?! it's good advice for everyone not just "common" men...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Diogenes

So if I have this clear, you should never ever speak to the police, or tell them the truth.

Sounds like Ian Huntley was just right all along. :rolleyes:

A number of years ago I found myself testifying against several members of the Gardai on serious charges. While those on trial and their close comrades closed ranks, the officers charged with the investigation were dedicated scrupulous, and single minded in getting a conviction, for the sake of their force's reputation.

Look theres no hard and fast rule dealing with a police force. Gerry Conlon and Barry George will give you one version. Nuala O'Loan, the ombudsman of the PSNI will give you another.

Again suggesting thats theres one simple hard and fast set of rules you need to deal with the police, exposes, yet again your overly simplistic and childlike view of the world.

Unless you'd care to explain how you detonate a nuclear weapon in Manhattan, without leaving any evidence? Or why a Nazi would exaggerate the deathtoil at Auschwitz, during his trial for genocide? How about how we'll all grow our own food, and won't need doctors, medicine, or any er form of manufacturing industry? Or research and design. Or hell any degree of centralised organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

Criminals here have more rights and protection than anyone. That forcing confessions stuff is all Hill Street Blues! :)

• Advertisement

Diogenes wrote: »
    So if I have this clear, you should never ever speak to the police, or tell them the truth.

Sounds like Ian Huntley was just right all along. :rolleyes:

A number of years ago I found myself testifying against several members of the Gardai on serious charges. While those on trial and their close comrades closed ranks, the officers charged with the investigation were dedicated scrupulous, and single minded in getting a conviction, for the sake of their force's reputation.

Look theres no hard and fast rule dealing with a police force. Gerry Conlon and Barry George will give you one version. Nuala O'Loan, the ombudsman of the PSNI will give you another.

Again suggesting thats theres one simple hard and fast set of rules you need to deal with the police, exposes, yet again your overly simplistic and childlike view of the world.

Unless you'd care to explain how you detonate a nuclear weapon in Manhattan, without leaving any evidence? Or why a Nazi would exaggerate the deathtoil at Auschwitz, during his trial for genocide? How about how we'll all grow our own food, and won't need doctors, medicine, or any er form of manufacturing industry? Or research and design. Or hell any degree of centralised organisation.

hang on a minute,

werent YOU the one who accused me of TROLLING

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

hang on a minute,

He's railroading you into a confession. :eek:

hang on a minute,

No I expressed incredibility when you presented (one of) your arguments, and you could not be serious, and had to be trolling.

However after your comments about numerology and suitcase nukes, and the commandant of a Nazi extermination camp, I beg to differ.
    Kernel wrote:
    Criminals here have more rights and protection than anyone.

What additional rights do criminals have above the rest of us? And how do they get these rights?

What additional rights do criminals have above the rest of us? And how do they get these rights?

Free legal aid, better medical treatment, Treatment of Persons in custody Regulations 1987, lenient sentences, etc... stuff you and me have to pay a lot of money for. They get these rights by being criminal spongers who take from the state rather than contribute to it. To get such things, you need to become a criminal.

Kernel wrote: »
    Free legal aid,

We all get free legal aid.
    better medical treatment,

Better than whose?
    Treatment of Persons in custody Regulations 1987, lenient sentences, etc... stuff you and me have to pay a lot of money for. They get these rights by being criminal spongers who take from the state rather than contribute to it. To get such things, you need to become a criminal.

So you suggest we allow to the police to arrest anyone, deny them any legal aid, medical treatment, and do what they like to them once they are in chains?

You really do want a police state don't you Kernel?

• Advertisement

We all get free legal aid.

No, I'd have to pay for my legal expenses.
    Better than whose?

Better than anyones. A prison officer brings a crim to hospital, they get seen straight away, and often get a private room - for security reasons you see.
    So you suggest we allow to the police to arrest anyone, deny them any legal aid, medical treatment, and do what they like to them once they are in chains?

You really do want a police state don't you Kernel?

No, I'm saying the justice system in Ireland is skewed in favour of the criminal. Fact.

Kernel wrote: »
    No, I'd have to pay for my legal expenses.

Everyone is entitled to the exact same legal defense in Ireland, can you explain who gets free legal defense.
    Better than anyones. A prison officer brings a crim to hospital, they get seen straight away, and often get a private room - for security reasons you see.

What alternative do you suggest?
    No, I'm saying the justice system in Ireland is skewed in favour of the criminal. Fact.

This is honestly purile, no "criminal" gets this four star treatment that you seem to think exists.

if you find yerself living on the streets in any 'Western' society, its common knowledge that you will have a better quality of life in Prison.

also as a criminal there are people (Deluded Pino lefties) dedicated toensuring that your rights are protected, eventho you may have shown blatant disregard forthe rights of others

if you find yerself living on the streets in any 'Western' society, its common knowledge that you will have a better quality of life in Prison.

Common knowledge among whom? Perhaps you could cite some statistics, somewhere.
    also as a criminal there are people (Deluded Pino lefties) dedicated toensuring that your rights are protected, eventho you may have shown blatant disregard forthe rights of others

People in prison don't have the rights you and I have.

Perhaps Mahatma you could suggest your alternative system of controlling the population. And please take in mind your ideal that we should all be growing our own food, and won't have any prison officers, or any penal justice system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Skeptic_Desu

Perhaps Mahatma you could suggest your alternative system of controlling the population. And please take in mind your ideal that we should all be growing our own food, and won't have any prison officers, or any penal justice system.
    One can imagine how long a court system that isn't too pushed on providing evidence would last.

Why would you assume that we wouldnthave any Doctors or Prison Guards,

fvckit, new thread.

Advertisement