Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Sports

Options
  • 03-08-2008 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

hi

Just wondering if there are any offers for irish viewers for subscribing to setanta at the moment, there is a code for uk viewers but it is not valid for ireland - trying to sign up via the web - anyone have anything? the promotion in the uk is for 3 months @ 6.50

cheers
    R

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Sid71

Ring them up and tell them that sky sports will give you 3 months at half price then ask if they will match it. Thats what I did and got it for €9.99 for 3 months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

hi

Just wondering if there are any offers for irish viewers for subscribing to setanta at the moment, there is a code for uk viewers but it is not valid for ireland - trying to sign up via the web - anyone have anything? the promotion in the uk is for 3 months @ 6.50

cheers
    R
    I had Setanta for a few months last season and cancelled-eventually! Got a letter yesterday offering me 3 months @ €9.99 pm plus €10 connection fee but 60 days notice if I cancel! the hassle when you cancel is a problem ..if they(Setanta)made you feel more like a valued customer I may have gone for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

yeah i had them a couple of years ago when they first came on the scene - and then they bumped their prices right up and i never bothered getting them again. Think i will stick with sky sports - after last nights result and being a rangers fan :o I don't think I want to watch the scottish football this season anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭iggy82

Just contacted Setanta to be told there were no offers for new customers. I said Sky were offering €9.99 for 3 months and the still said they were no offers. I was told i should just take that deal from Sky! Don't think Setanta is worth €19.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

just tried my luck on the phone, the €9.99 offer ended on the 6th of August at 6pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Think i will stick with sky sports - after last nights result and being a rangers fan :o I don't think I want to watch the scottish football this season anyway :D

Yeah Rangers not looking strong at all this season. Thought they were very poor in Lithuania the other night. Werent great either yesterday against Falkirk! I'm getting my SPL via Polsat at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

dubmick wrote: »
    just tried my luck on the phone, the €9.99 offer ended on the 6th of August at 6pm

I phoned them on Friday evening and was offered the deal.I just said that I had been out of the country and letter was on the mat when I came in.They need the business I would say.

My problem was (as referenced in another thread)that I wanted it on a separate viewing card in a different box. They couldnt do that! Therefore- I wanted Setanta,was willing to pay for it,but they couldn't take my order! I am sure the bosses of Setanta wud be impressed. What does that say about their work processes?!?!?!

Advertisement