Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straight up my nose

Options
  • 03-08-2008 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭

Well I couldn't think of a good title.

I'm just wondering why is it that the heat from mustard is totally unlike the heat from chillies (big fan of both by the way).

Chilli's burn my mouth, no surprise there, but when I OD on the mustard the heat doesn't affect my mouth at all. It just goes straight up my nose and burns the lining of my snout :(

Anyone of you mustard buffs have an explanation?

I've ruled out manual dexterity as my problem by the way. The food does go in my mouth.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭more tea vicar

Its a heightened nasal pollen reaction to the ground mustard seed chaffage.

The pheromones of the mustard seed are extracted from the seed and dissolve in solution where upon entering the olfactory system the infusion into the nose part of the lymphatic channels means a super hot build up of sneeze power forms heat dissapation as the nose lining can't detect seed hair folicles for the sneeze reaction, and it is therefore delayed outright, and heat builds up on the tender nasal capillaries, etc.

Stuff like that, and chillis are the boss hot masters anyways, espec, scotch bonnet. Chillis have genetically developed tongue seeking node fúckers and do not go to the nasal parts thereof.

Advertisement