Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holidays

Options
  • 03-08-2008 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Where I work, I'm scheduled for a 12 hour day on Mondays. This means that I've worked 12 hours on the past two bank holidays and will be working another 12 hours this bank holiday.

In my contract it states that time off will be given later in the year for any extra work incurred during the busy season. However, I'm relocating to another city and thus leaving employment at the height of the busy season. I would have been entitled to three days off (in lieu of my bank holidays) plus a bit for the overtime. And would I be entitled to any of my vacation days at all? I've been there less than 6 months.

My question is mainly, how do I bring this up with my employer? I think I'd be right in assuming he's not going to bring it up himself and is hoping that I don't know about my entitlements on the bank holiday front (I'm a non-national and he doesn't exactly do everything to the letter).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

fairly certain that you are entitled to be paid for those days. just mention it to your employer tbh.

Advertisement