Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telephone connection for multi room

Options
  • 03-08-2008 10:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

Hi Folks,
    I want to get rid of my eircom land line as I have been using Blueface for the last few months via my wireless BB.
    I have ordered Sky multi room but have been told that i need to have a landline connected to the box at all times.
    I have an T/A providing me with an anologue signal for my home phone, so whay cant this be used for sky as well ???

Is there anyway of getting round this using my IP (blueface) number ?
    any suggestions ......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Because the VOIP needs 100kbps upload speed (G711 codec) with < 1% packet loss and low jitter. That may or may not work with Blueface.

A voice call uses G729 (about 12kbps) and packet loss or jitter is not such an issue.

It works for some people with Blueface. Much better on UPC cable or Digiweb Metro "built in" VOIP.

It depends on how good you BB is and how good the transit route to Blueface is.

Try a Fax or dialup modem on your Blueface as a test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 bish-bosh

cheers Watty, will have a play around with this sometime this week

Advertisement