Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A nice little earner!

Options
  • 03-08-2008 9:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

from racing post
    Two betting shop punters have won in excess of £100,000 each after all of their selections obliged in multiple bets.

The first, an avid Manchester United fan who bases his selections on his favourite football team's colours, has netted a phenomenal £132,319.97 after staking just £12.60.

The second, a cancer sufferer who was kept waiting for a hospital appointment and used his time to read the Racing Post, won £102,000 after his four picks in a £10 Yankee all won.

Peter Finnigan, a self-employed painter and decorator, placed the 20p Lucky 63 at his local Betfred shop in Swinton, Manchester on Thursday, but was unaware all of his six selections had won until checking the results on teletext the following morning.

Finnigan estimated his winnings at £20,000, so was astounded to learn that he had won more than six and a half times that amount.
    “I just couldn't believe it,” said the 53-year-old. “I still can't get my head around it, even though I have the cheque in my hands – it really does feel like a dream.”

The second big winner visited his local Ladbrokes in Bexhill on Sea, Sussex, on Friday morning and watched all four of his horses – Pearly Wey, Fifteen Love, Sohcahtoa and Visit – do the business at nearby Goodwood.

He topped up his winnings courtesy of a £50 accumulator.

The punter, who does not want to be named, said: “I usually have a quick glance at the form in the morning and pick out a couple of runners.

“But as the doctors kept me waiting I had a better opportunity to put some proper study in and it looks like it paid off. A day that had a pretty horrible start to it turned out very nicely in the end.”

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nut if the NHS is anything like the Irish health system that money will help his treatment no end

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Nut = But

Where's the edit button gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,181 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

inforfun wrote: »
    Nice one indeed.
    But he still has cancer.....
    Your witty comment ar amazing.
    Seriously, grow the fuck up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭The Everlasting

hahaha!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Mellor wrote: »
    Your witty comment ar amazing.
    Seriously, grow the fuck up

If it was meant to be witty.
    All i meant is although he earned a nice amount, he still is fighting a life threatening disease.

Sometimes it pays to consider what a person might mean with a comment.

As for the growing up part.... i am not going to lower myself to your standards.

Advertisement