Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off the grid, so off the P45?

Options
  • 03-08-2008 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I was working very sporadically in a GPs surgery over the last 2 and a bit years, finishing up in June of this year. First year there I worked a solid 35-40 hours week, but then as college progressed I'd work a 10-15 hour week one week, none the next etc, and got cash in hand. Today I got a job which hinged on my work experience in the surgery and they asked for my p45, so I went and collected it...to find I am down as finishing in Jan 2007.

I'm really nervous about this, what can I say to my new employer? I imagine it'll look bad.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Firstly there's no need to give the P45 to your employer if it was issued before the start of this tax year. You'll just have to tell your new employer that the P45 you were given pre-dates 2008 as your student part-time hours during 2008 ended up being cash-in-hand. Most employers will accept this answer without question.

If they make any comment just say that you'd have preferred if it went through the books but when you're a broke student...

Advertisement