Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Go-Karting?

Options
  • 03-08-2008 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

I know theres nowhere around Carlow to do it, but where have any of you found a decent place to go that isnt too far to travel(say an hours drive). Id like to set it up for a group of around 10-12, but dont wana go somewhere crap. Anybody know anywhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

slimjimmc wrote: »

+1

This place really is good. I went there for only a half hour session with some other boardsie's and it was a brilliant day. The karts themselves are high speed, butt to the track vehicles and they even drift :D although i don't think that was intentional. They change around the track every couple of months so that the layout doesn't get predictable and they recently laid down a whole new track surface. Some of the turns are challenging and take time to master effectively, The uniforms are grand very stig-ish.:D:D

There are so loads of different challenges that they have prepared. You can choose to go on the 1/2hour or hour free run where you simply pay and drive or you can choose from a load of activities. Some of the challenges include

Grand Prix event. - This event has a minimum cost of 500 euro afaik which means for a group of 10 it would be 50 a piece. I'm not sure if he discounts on larger groups. The grand prix is run similarily to the real deal. There are placing laps for grid positions and trophies presented to the winning and runner up drivers. Pretty cool.

Endurance race - This is a team race where each member of the team is allocated a time to drive and the team tries to win utilising all it's members.

I hope that helps.

If you need a location or map of how to find the kiltorcan we found the AA roadwatch route-planner website extremely useful.

Advertisement