Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about it..

Options
  • 02-08-2008 11:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hiya all!

ive been lurking for a while now and decided to bite to bullet and begin posting.

Joining the Psni is something im strongly thinking about. and while viewing the board i seen that there wasnt a place for people like me who were thinking about applying to ask questions etc.

i just wanted to ask if theres an tips or things i should do to prepare for next intake.. (i know its early haha.) and to ask you all what it was that made you want to join up (not just the psni but a police force in general.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭belfastard

what made me want to join was the money.i shant beat around the bush :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Yip the pay/ pension are good reasons but there are so many other reasons i want to join. No two days are the same, you never know whats next, you get to learn so many new skills, getting the chance to improve different communities etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭mhairt

Hi
    I always wanted to join the Gardai but when I was leaving school they had a height restriction. Am seriously thinking about joining now (not really happy in current job). I think my preference is for the Psni. The pay is better (could not survive on the training allowance for the Gardai) training seems better but main thing for me is the promotional prospects.

Is there anyone that has joined and is still living in the south, If so how is that working out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Zzoop

Miami Vice. 'Nuff said.

Advertisement