Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tara Street station exit?

Options
  • 02-08-2008 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

Is there an alternate exit from tara street station onto townsend street or did i dream that? (yes, I frequently dream about Dublin public transport :rolleyes:) I can never seem to locate it, or maybe it is only open for certain times of the day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

It's only open 7am to 10am and 4pm to 7pm Monday to Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

So it does exist then! Thanks for that :) Whereabouts is it? The south end of the tara street platform? And where do you exit out onto?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

I can't remember, happened across it by accident one day. It looks from maps.live.com that it's near the south end of the northbound platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

The exit is under one of the arches - its easy to miss - you'll notice 2 sets of gates so that the exit from that station can be opened when Georges Quay plaza is closed. Specifically the arch to the left that allows pedestrian access into the Georges Quay plaza, the arch on the right leads down to the underground carpark underneath the plaza.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Thanks a mil' daz :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement