Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decline in "Characters" on Drawda Streets

Options
  • 02-08-2008 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

I am a concerned citizens. Where have our characters gone? Obviously the ban on drinking in public has something to do with it but there was a time when Mad Sheila, Black Friday and the like patrolled the streets. Now we Paddy McCabe and Shanks Godfrey, but is it enough?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Take a few from Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

What about the Panther...Is he still alive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

What about the Panther...Is he still alive?
    :eek:

Did we have our very own super hero?

Where's ron these days? He's not workin in the cinema anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Speaking of the legendary Paddy McCabe, i was at Reynolds Maxol garage on the Ballymakenny Road this afternoon, there was the legend that is paddy in his suit and trademark runners locked out of his head singing and entertaining some youngsters with his Elvis impressions.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭garrincha62

Fair play to McCabe.
    Who is this 'Ron' character? The guy that doesn't wear shoes?
    And the Panther?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

Who is this 'Ron' character? The guy that doesn't wear shoes?

Ron was the guy who used to preach on the steps of St Peters church and attack non believers.

Best line I ever heard was "Those who wear sunglasses are denying the Lord's light".

Rumour had it he went mad after falling from a plane and banging his head.:D

The **** we used to believe at school. Deadly.

Advertisement