Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gogarty's Main Street Portarlington

Options
  • 02-08-2008 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Hello all ! ! !

Gogarty's has been taken over and is now being run under new management.

Opening night is tonight!!!!! :cool:

Any one who is about, feel free to pop in...

Newly refurbished!

Drop in and try the beer .... have a good weekend!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

(P.S. Shamrock will be opened in the new future)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭mary123

Whos the new manager?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

What was that about free beer for boardsies? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

valpuk wrote: »
    Hello all ! ! !

Gogarty's has been taken over and is now being run under new management.

Opening night is tonight!!!!! :cool:

Any one who is about, feel free to pop in...

Newly refurbished!

Drop in and try the beer .... have a good weekend!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

(P.S. Shamrock will be opened in the new future)

As i said the the drinks thread, i'm still a wee bit sceptical about this place, many people have tried to turn it around and so far no-one has succeeded, but i'll pop in and have a look, ps. For the love of God change the name of the Shamrock, it's got such a bad rep in Port. As long as its known as the shamrock, your business will suffer, its what happened the last 2 owners.! Also aim at a different 'crowd' that normally inhabits the place and bring back the live music that used to be there!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Ha ha I would offer free beer to boardsies but how would I check your ID lol....:D

The bank holiday wkend went well in Gogarty's , there was a good crowd and good atmosphere.

Both you and me will b relieved to know that we are changing the name of the back place...

It will now be known as Strikers and we shall be taking bookings for the likes of christenings, 21 st's etc etc

Also we are planning on having live music as the main entertainment for Strikers

Anyone who may be apart of a band or else known a good one that would go down well in STRIKERS let us know as we are taking bookings ASAP !

I hope this will all put a smile back on everyone's faces!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Ha ha I would offer free beer to boardsies but how would I check your ID lol....:D

The bank holiday wkend went well in Gogarty's , there was a good crowd and good atmosphere.

Both you and me will b relieved to know that we are changing the name of the back place...

It will now be known as Strikers and we shall be taking bookings for the likes of christenings, 21 st's etc etc

Also we are planning on having live music as the main entertainment for Strikers

Anyone who may be apart of a band or else known a good one that would go down well in STRIKERS let us know as we are taking bookings ASAP !

I hope this will all put a smile back on everyone's faces!

I mean this with the best intentions and please done take it personally, but i think Strikers is a terrible name! (but of course its your pub so if you like it by all means go for it, its your baby). It either sounds kinda like a bad name for a soccer pub or a cheesy 80's name for a night club. (footnote, those who remember snaffles in kildare or spider's in portlaoise).

Please dont think im being ignorant by saying that, im just giving a constructive opinion. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭valpuk

Ah and I think that the name Strikers is kinda 'funky' if u will.
    I dont have any authority of the name of the place but like I said, I think it is nice name but at the end of the day its not the name that makes the place a success....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

Ah and I think that the name Strikers is kinda 'funky' if u will.
    I dont have any authority of the name of the place but like I said, I think it is nice name but at the end of the day its not the name that makes the place a success....
    very true! best of luck with the place anywho!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

There is a neighbour of mine doing the rounds at the moment in a few pubs in town and he is going well, and I reckon he would be looking at doing more gigs. Julian is his name. If you're interested PM me and I'll give you his details.
    K.

Advertisement