Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd installation at the same house to get Sky+ box

Options
  • 02-08-2008 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭

Hi there.

We've been thinking of getting in Sky+ having had the normal box installed for a few years now.

However, a Sky+ box is quite pricey if you're not getting a new installation. In fact, a new installation is considerably cheaper.

Anyways, is it possible to claim that the owner of the old sky box and dish has moved out and has taken the equipment with him. We then apply for a new installation with Sky+ box under a new name ?

Is this technically legal (I can't see anything wrong with it) and do Sky have anything against this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Sam Radford

You might get away with it but it should be fairly obvious on Sky's computer system that the person who has moved with the existing Digibox is no longer paying his subscription. You would have to go through the "we are moving to another country so we want to cancel" routine. Then hope that Sky don't catch on when you ask for a new installation.

It would be a breach of contract and morally wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

How would I be breaching a contract considering I don't have a contract with Sky ?

Its one of the other guys in the house who has a contract with Sky and surely he can cancel and keep the equipment if he wants ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

there 49 euro now theres an Ad doing the rounds. Not sure how much the install is.

there 49 euro now theres an Ad doing the rounds. Not sure how much the install is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

An installer told me it was 50 euro standard installation,I know a fell at work who cancelled his subscription when his box failed,12 month contract was up,said he was moving house,his wife signed up again with address slightly changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭ZOLTAN28

I would demand the new customer price if I were you - threaten to cancel your subscription if they don't offer it.

I did and I got it for the cheap price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ZOLTAN28 wrote: »
    I would demand the new customer price if I were you - threaten to cancel your subscription if they don't offer it.

I did and I got it for the cheap price.

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 10 eamonnm

just for info: I went to cancel sky last week (only have two mixes) explained didnt think it was value due to M4 E4 and C4 all going FTA and then sky increased prices from sept. The gentleman on the cancellation line listend attentively and then offered me various enducements to stay. Eventually offering me Sky+ inc installation for 49Euro said i would think about it.

Phoned again yesterday said had considered offer and decided against offer at that stage he said i could have it for free so bit his hand off!!!! LOL

I'm not promising this will work for everyone but if u want sky+ give it a go!!!!

good work. How do i pick up fta .

Advertisement