Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SW Rent Allowance

Options
  • 01-08-2008 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭

Hi

I share an apt with another bloke and recently he's been made unepmployed.
    He has applied for SW Rent Allowance and been told he will get 95% of his rent paid.

However, he's just come back today and said the CWO insisited he must get a form stamped by Revenue as he owned a house years ago and they won't give him the Rent Allowance till it is stamped (A form for getting on Housing List) He's been told he'll need to get docs from his solicitor in order for Revenue to stamp this form which will end up costing quite a few bob.

I'm just wondering if this is a new requirement (I mean, what if he didn't bother applying to get on Housing List would the Welfare Officer still insist he gets this form stamped by revenue)

:confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

To qualify for rent supplement, you must be on a local authority housing list.

To qualify for local authority housing, you must satisfy them that your assets and income are below a certain threshold. Everybody who is on a housing list has to do this, so that local authority housing application form has to be completed in full before being accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

snubbleste wrote: »
    To qualify for rent supplement, you must be on a local authority housing list.

To qualify for local authority housing, you must satisfy them that your assets and income are below a certain threshold. Everybody who is on a housing list has to do this, so that local authority housing application form has to be completed in full before being accepted.

Ah thank you, snubbleste.
    It's just I'm paying full rent until he gets it sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gambiaman wrote: »
    Ah thank you, snubbleste.
    If he has no money to pay the costs, does that mean you'll be paying 105% of the rent when he starts to get 95% of the rent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

the_syco wrote: »
    If he has no money to pay the costs, does that mean you'll be paying 105% of the rent when he starts to get 95% of the rent?

Nooooo...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

gambiaman wrote:
    Tell him to ask the Community Welfare Officer to pay something in the meantime. Its not fair on you and a bad precedent to have someone not paying rent.
    the_syco wrote: »
    No, its means he has to pay the other 5% himself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement