Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 x quad to feed 5 x fta recievers?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I have sky + and a quad lnb but also 3 fta recievers to feed.

Is there a way to do this?

Could i for example join 1 cable to another so that both recievers can change the channels?as 1 is upstairs in bedroom for night time viewing and 1 is downstairs used during the day.

All the fta points come into the hot press and are all together if this helps?

Regards,
    Kieran

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Uhm, it'll be a bit awkward.

Personally, I'd recommend either changing the quad LNB for an Octo (8 outputs) or putting in a 6x Multiswitch that can handle a quad LNB (as opposed to a Quattro).

In theory you can loop the IF output from one receiver to the IF input of the other, where one will have full control when the other is in standby. This may not work properly on all receivers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭slegs

you can buy an octo on ebay for about 25 quid

Advertisement