Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallaght to Maynooth

Options
  • 22-07-2008 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

MYOB wrote: »
    The general experience on here so far is that the two light / part-roundabout system is actually pushing traffic through faster than the single lights ever did....

Maybe in the mornings but I am an hour getting from Tallaght to Maynooth in the evenings (leaving at 5.30) and it is only half an hour when I leave at 8am in the morning. I have tried M50>N4, I have tried Belgard Road>Fonthill Rd>N4, also Belgard Rd>N7>Outer Ring Road>Lucan, and can't get home any faster!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its only 45 minutes from Tallaght to Maynooth if you go N7 to Kill, L2007 to Straffan and R406 to Maynooth, at 5:30pm... it is, however, significantly longer - about 30km. Fuel consumptions much the same as you're constantly rolling though.

You've also not mentioned going through Newcastle & Celbridge, which also avoids the N4 entirely, but can be a bad choice at times (Celbridge sometimes backlogs).

Theres about ten distinct ways to get from Tallaght to Maynooth, avoiding then N4 entirely, the N7 entirely, etc, etc as you want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭bigpinkelephant

MYOB wrote: »
    Its only 45 minutes from Tallaght to Maynooth if you go N7 to Kill, L2007 to Straffan and R406 to Maynooth, at 5:30pm... it is, however, significantly longer - about 30km. Fuel consumptions much the same as you're constantly rolling though.

You've also not mentioned going through Newcastle & Celbridge, which also avoids the N4 entirely, but can be a bad choice at times (Celbridge sometimes backlogs).

Theres about ten distinct ways to get from Tallaght to Maynooth, avoiding then N4 entirely, the N7 entirely, etc, etc as you want!

I have tried through Newcastle as well. It seems to be that whatever way I go I will get caught at either Newland's Cross for the N7, or the N4!!!

I might try going through Straffan maybe but that means Newland's Cross.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,765 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

N81, ORR, N7, L2007, R406 - no Newlands but you've got the N81 to deal with then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭bazzer

I might try going through Straffan maybe but that means Newland's Cross.

Have you tried going through Brookfield/Jobstown? It'll bring you on to the main Citywest Road and from there onto the N7.

Or continue westbound along the N81 and link up with the Outer Ring Road (I understand that section is now fully open).

Advertisement