Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Noise from nearby commercial activity.

Options
  • 01-08-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

I live in Dublin city centre not a million miles away from the fruit markets. There has always been some noise from the trucks going past in the early hours to one commercial premises or another, I've never had any problem with this. But over the last few years it's getting worse and worse. Some businesses have obviously grown so there are many more trucks. And since they are using all the streets around here as loading bays it's getting noisier and noisier. I'm two thirds of the way up my street (away from the companies) and the trucks are now parked below my window while the very noisy forklifts unload them. It's not unusual to see six or seven eighteen wheelers parked on the street now. This unloading and loading all takes place in the early hours of the morning, six to seven days a week. Honestly they are taking the piss at this stage.

Who can I talk to to see if the noise breaches any limits?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

So I should be calling Dublin City council then? Can't see anything on their website about noise but I'll ring the main number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Section 107 of the Environmental Protection Agency Act 1992 provides local authorities with powers to require measures to be taken to prevent or limit noise.

As you're City Centre, I'd say Dublin City Council sounds about right. :)

Give them a ring and see what they say. It'll only take a few minutes so is worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Got the persons name I need to speak to so thanks.

Advertisement