Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy Classes (a good present)?

Options
  • 01-08-2008 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hey Y'all,

I'm thinkin' of gettin some comedy classes as a birthday pressie to my boyfriend started :)

He's such a huge comedy fan and I think he'd be really good onstage but he just doesn't know where to begin.

The thing is we're going travelling from Sep 1st til end of November.
    Anyone know of any good stand-up classes that'll be starting up after that?

I know there's probably lots of posts just like mine and yiz are probably sick of replying to them but I'd love to get your help on this! Feel free to either reply or PM.

(by the way Reuben was amazing at the Comedy Festival last weekend? anyone else in agreement?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Implying that he needs lessons in comedy? He might take that the wrong way..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I just got an email about this..it's an improv intensive AND a fundraiser..looks good, the price is WAY reasonable for a smallish size group workshop, and the Craicpack folk are funny!

Fundraiser Workshop for Fringe Show:
    SUNDAY in Filmbase, Curved Street
    Improv with Rachel Rath €60
    Sunday 10th August 10-4.
    30pm

This 1 day intensive course will cover
    • Scene analysis
    • Technical tips
    • Character Development

Rachel Rath trained in improv with John Dawson through Blackbox TC and Vinny Murphy, Filmbase. She has been performing comedy improv weekly with The Craic Pack for the last four years. Rachel directed long form improv show Spoon Fed in the Fringe 2006 and has recently directed 'Hens', an improvised short film for Dublin 4 Day Movie with Lenny Abrahamson and Andrew McAvinchey. Fundamental improvising techniques including establishing environment, character development and scene structure will be workshopped during the day.
    www. rachelrath. com

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Might go to that... Hmmm, do you have to book or can you just turn up?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Found this on The Attic site:

Email fringe@theatticstudio.net
    Numbers are limited so advance booking is advised.

Advertisement