Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2008 Premiership Round 18

Options
  • 01-08-2008 8:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

Round 18

Collingwood v Hawthorn - Melbourne Cricket Ground Friday, 1 August 7:40pm

Essendon v Melbourne - Melbourne Cricket Ground Saturday, 2 August 2:10pm

Geelong v Richmond - Telstra Dome Saturday, 2 August 7:10pm

Kangaroos v Brisbane Lions - Gold Coast Stadium, Saturday, 2 August 7:10pm

St. Kilda v Port Adelaide - Telstra Dome Sunday , 3 August 2:10pm

Adelaide v Carlton - AAMI Stadium Saturday, 2 August 2:40pm

Bulldogs v Sydney - Manuka Oval Sunday , 3 August 1:10pm

Fremantle v West Coast - Subiaco Oval Sunday , 3 August 2:40pm

Tips -

Pies v Hawks - Hawks
    Bombers v Demons - Bombers
    Cats v Tigers - Cats
    Roos v Lions - Lions
    Saints v Port - Saints
    Crows v Blues - Blues
    Bulldogs v Swans - Bulldogs
    Eagles v Dockers - Eagles

So the big game for me is obviously on Sunday. Can the Eagles' young guns reproduce last week's superb performance? I certainly hope (and think) so.

Some other really, really tough games to call with a number of teams still fighting to be in the 8. I;m gonna go out on a limb and say the Blues will beat the Crows at AAMI. The Fev-factor will help them as I expect him to come out all guns blazing after signing his new contract.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Tips -

Pies v Hawks - Hawks
    Bombers v Demons - Bombers
    Cats v Tigers - Cats
    Roos v Lions - Roos
    Saints v Port - Saints
    Crows v Blues - Blues
    Bulldogs v Swans - Bulldogs
    Eagles v Dockers - Eagles
    Xavi6 wrote: »
    The Fev-factor will help them as I expect him to come out all guns blazing after signing his new contract.
    Or else he won't give a sh!t after signing his new contract!

Should be a good game tonight, Hawks to edge it.
    Pretty much the same pick as you Xavi, but I think the Roos will do the Lions.
    Few tough calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

was away on a last minute holiday break there last week, so wasnt around to get as thread up and going. Cheers xavi for putting it up.

my tips for the weekend would have been the same as xavi, except the Crows over the blues, so still getting 2 of them wrong. Fecking eagles losing to freo again. disaster. first quarter conceeding a 30 point lead was the downfall, never got back into it after that. Lynch hit another 65m bomb this week too. Swans really are slipping as I thought they would a few weeks back. I really cant see them turning around this slide, and if they arent careful, they'll really slip out of the top 8 too. Crows really lifted their game after Brownes hit on Porplyzia left him unconcious.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Only a poxy 5 tips right this week when if I had of not takne any chances I would have got 8.

Typical Eagles shite yesterday. Hate losing to those feckers.

The Carlton/Adelaide game on Saturday was very enjoyable to watch and I thought the Blues were gonna sneak a win in the 4th quarter again.

Advertisement