Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

meteor's new offers ...the small print

Options
  • 01-08-2008 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

i know i've just joined, but if you, like me send thousands of msgs with meteor to meteor using the old free meteor to meteor calls and texts read the new T&Cs
    THERE IS NOW A FAIR USAGE POLICY
    free meteor to meteor calls and texts
    :you can only send 5000 texts and/or 5000 minutes per month

Free texts to any network: you can only send 5000 texts per month

if you go over these amounts you will be billed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

nah i didn't sign up, meteor rang me trying to sell the offer, I told him about the "fair usage policy"
    i ain't gonna lose my free texts!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

there was always a fair use clause.

and jesus christ, its five friggin thousand per month. if you genuinely send 200 texts a day, EVERY day, then being billed for the overflow is probably not your most pressing problem.

if you send 5000 texts per month then it can only be that you are using the deal to spam people.

not really , my girlfriend and i text all day everyday, we send a couple of hundred texts to each other each day, and we also text other people on top of that, you'd be surprised how many texts you send in a month

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

metalfest wrote: »
    not really , my girlfriend and i text all day everyday, we send a couple of hundred texts to each other each day, and we also text other people on top of that, you'd be surprised how many texts you send in a month
    Do you not suffer from RSI from texting so much? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's hardly hidden away.

Vodafone have the same T+Cs for their free texts. O2 is 15,000 messages but doesn't have the calls. Three's limit is 1000 messages and you're paying 5c a message for those!

Regardless, it's just defining the fair usage. Meteor can still cut your off for texting too much on the older plans, there's just no defined limit. They can set that at 5000 texts but you'll be notified before they'd do anything like that.

Mountains and molehills, this thread is anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

i know i've just joined, but if you, like me send thousands of msgs with meteor to meteor using the old free meteor to meteor calls and texts read the new T&Cs
    THERE IS NOW A FAIR USAGE POLICY
    free meteor to meteor calls and texts
    :you can only send 5000 texts and/or 5000 minutes per month

Free texts to any network: you can only send 5000 texts per month

if you go over these amounts you will be billed

Sorry, but I fail to see what the big deal is. 5000 is a very reasonable number in my opinion, works out at 167 minutes and messages a day.

I'm not trying to be a smartass or a wum here but if I was sending even a hundred texts a day I would actually consider that a big problem in my life- to be that dependent on the use of my phone.

Seriously though, I think text addiction is a genuine problem for a small amount of people in this country nowadays!

The day Meteor contact me saying that I've broken my threshold is the day I'll know that I have a big problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭laoisfan

btw metalfest....welcome to boards.ie and congrats on your first post!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Thats crazy. You need to get a room not a text plan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

167 texts a day->
    Thats over 1 text every 6 minutes continuously over the course of a 16 hour day.

More realistically, over the course of non-working/non-sleeping hours (8hrs) thats 1 text every 3 minutes.

Would IM over a data connection serve your needs better?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

I find it very hard to believe that anyone would want to send that many text messages. Surely it'd be easier to call some of the time, you say more in a 5 min call than you could in 500 texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Does anybody know about the 3cent minimum call for the meteor price plan?

Does that mean you have to pay 3cent everytime you ring a meteor number on the "free meteor to meteor" price plan? If so it defeats the meaning of "free calls" to meteor.

clarification anybody?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

what kind of sad fecker sends 5k txts a month?
    I certainly wouldn't have any problem with the FUP clause, in fairness its only meteor covering their arse from muppets taking the piss big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

thanks for the reply!! Im still a bit confused though, what if you ring another meteor user who is also on the free meteor to meteor calls and you talk to them for maybe 20 minutes. Its suppose to be free but do you get charged the 3 cent?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 KH32

No, 3c minimum call charge does not apply to Free Meteor to Meteor calls. It only applies to chargeable calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

I would agree with the OP if you posted and said that the offers weren't clear enough (to an extent) in mentioning the T&C and the full (or even a summary) of the fair usage policy.

Did you ask the rep on the phone if there was a fair usage policy? Did they tell you there was / wasn't ?

yeah, i asked him and he said nope, they're unlimited, but i had already read the T&C online, and informed HIM, about the usage policy, he apologized and read me the usage policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

then i would complain to meteor. I understand they have to sell their products but things like this need to be reported. It may not be the agents fault either, it may be poor training on behalf of meteor.

• Advertisement

i'm not too pushed about it myself, as it was around 10:00 AM, the first day of the offer when i called ,
    i just wanted to make sure people on this forum knew about the usage policy

Advertisement