Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing Service Pack 3 on the Windows XP side of a Mac running Parallels

Options
  • 31-07-2008 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

SP3 fails to load, says there is some remote device connected.

There is nothing connected.
    Any suggestions please?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,086 ✭✭✭Talisman

What build of Parallels Desktop have you got installed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Build 3214 dated June 2007

Thanks for reply

That's a very old build. If it's a legit license then I would suggest that you download and install the latest build which is currently 5608 (June 11, 2008) as it is XP SP3 compatible.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,485 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Make sure you've no ISO image connected to the DVD drive and that the shared folders are off - that might do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Red Alert wrote: »
    Make sure you've no ISO image connected to the DVD drive and that the shared folders are off - that might do the trick.

Will turn off the shared drive, how do I undo the ISO image?:)

Talisman: checked the updates, 5608 is not a free update for me so may need to buy it. I did buy the original one

Is SP3 important?

• Advertisement

To disconnect an ISO image either click on the cd icon on the bottom right of the Parallels window and select disconnect or do the same from the Devices menu.

If you purchased the product after May 1st 2007 then you are entitled to a free upgrade. See here.

As to whether you need SP3 that's entirely up to you. If you use Windows to access the internet then I would strongly recommend it because it patches a few security holes in the system.

Advertisement