Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any Pubs that do live music in Dublin 15 / Dublin West

Options
  • 31-07-2008 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I'm looking to bring some friends, that will be visiting me from abroad, to a Pub locally, that does regular live music - Tired of DJ's etc ...
    Any Recommendations of a Pub or Band ?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

TomPetty wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I'm looking to bring some friends, that will be visiting me from abroad, to a Pub locally, that does regular live music - Tired of DJ's etc ...
    Any Recommendations of a Pub or Band ?
    Thanks.

Try the trad sessions in the Bell on a Sunday night.
    All the classic ballads and sing a longs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

The Strawberry Hall has music several nights of the week. Generally trad fridays.
    My brother's band has played in the Paddocks a couple of times, so they must have regular music too.

EDIT: If its the bank holiday weekend your friends are here, I think there's music upstairs in the Carpenterstown Inn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Kaldorn

the vineyard has two trad legends on a saturday,gowron,flute guitar..brillliant

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭TomPetty

Thanks a million for that guys, ;) thats the exact info I was after - Can you tell me a little more about "The Bell" and "The Vineyard" options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭babel

Technically not in Dublin 15 but the grasshopper in clonee does have live music every weekend. If the weather is good it will be outside the front of the pub. Great atmosphere on those sunny summer evenings :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

The Clonsilla inn has some decent bands on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

cymro wrote: »

Yeah Saturday nights can be pretty decent here good few lesbians too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

cymro wrote: »
    Yes I noted they are selling tickets for Dicky Rock for next October.......:pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,294 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

ntlbell wrote: »
    Yeah Saturday nights can be pretty decent here good few lesbians too

And what has that got to do with anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jabcity

yeah the clonsilla inn is fantastic for local music on friday nites mostly i think, dunno about the lesbians though (you're not talking about the pole dance classes on wednesdays by any chance? hehe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Yes I noted they are selling tickets for Dicky Rock for next October.......:pac:

I heard you were his number 1 fan :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

There is a trad night every Wednesday night in the lounge to the side of the Clonsilla Inn which is very good also. Bands are excellent at the Inn on Fridays and Saturdays...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Jabcity

is the trad not on thursdays?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Actually your right, Thursdays not Wednesdays

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,028 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Speaking of gigs, music this Thursday in the Strawberry Hall featuring yours truly!!

Hmmmm, didint realise this thread was so old, but sure here goes.

There is a band playing livei n the Bell tonight called Blindside, and I can heartily recommend them. Excellent rock/pop covers band.

I dont play with them btw, but if they ask me to show them a few moves, well who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

Jeez, your a dark horse.

Heres me thinking you were some old fogey who read broadsheet newspapers and smoked a pipe.

The wonders of anonimity;).

I Dont buy newspapers, and I dont smoke but otherwise you're spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Gaspode wrote: »
    Hmmmm, didint realise this thread was so old, but sure here goes.

There is a band playing livei n the Bell tonight called Blindside, and I can heartily recommend them. Excellent rock/pop covers band.

I dont play with them btw, but if they ask me to show them a few moves, well who knows![/QUOTE]

heard about them, must look out next time when they are playing again and try to see them :D

That was great tonight, really enjoyable gig!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Dang, I would have liked to checked that out.

Think they're back next month

Advertisement