Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DART Urination Summons Scare

Options
  • 31-07-2008 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

About a month ago i was getting the dart from dun Laoghaire to Malahide to go to Barcode. Its a fairly long dart trip about 45 minutes and i was dieing for a leak. I as caught by rail security taking a leak down the bottom of a platform they took my details and said they'd be in touch but nothing has happened thus far.

Anything like this happened to anyone before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

COM_90 wrote: »

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Isn't Barcode in Clontarf??

Go in a bottle next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Nah, the dart is quicker :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I think they will only do something if someone complains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

COM_90 wrote: »
    No, I generally control my bladder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

is there no toilets in dart stations? you should of went further up the track and aimed high for the live wires.:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

patrickc wrote: »
    is there no toilets in dart stations? you should of went further up the track and aimed high for the live wires.:D
    Actually there isn't in most of them, including Tara Street which is quite appalling given it's one of the country's busiest stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

ixoy wrote: »
    Actually there isn't in most of them, including Tara Street which is quite appalling given it's one of the country's busiest stations.

Too much anti-social behaviour in the area. On certain days the area is awash with those attending the Methadone Clinics in the area. To have public loos full of junkies would be more of a disservice to the community then a service. This seems to be a problem in most countries and wouldn't be unique to Ireland. Generally, the railway station is the last place you want to spend any more time then you need to.

Given that its a commuter station, I don't see any real need for loos.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

Similar enough thing happened me many moons ago (when I was a young lad!)

I was out with a few friends in dublin city and was fairly drunk to say the least. I ended up coming out of a pub around 3 in the morning and realised that it would be close to an hour before home time so decided to take one in an alleyway off a busy street. A Bean Garda caught me in the act unfortunately and took my name and address. I was too drunk to give a false one (probably would have gotten me into more trouble if I did!).

Weeks passed and I completely forgot about the incident. I ended up taking a year out and travelling to OZ in the weeks following. My ex flatmate came out to visit me in Sydney with a bunch of mail. The first one I opened was tax back from the gov for a figure of around 800!:) The next mail I opened was a fine for 650 for not turning up in court on a date which was about 2 months prior to this! :(

Needless to say I was a bit shocked by this and contacted home for more info on what to do. I figured that if I was summoned to appear in court that I should be handed the notice directly from a garda. (apparently not the case!).

Anyway to cut a very long (and looking back kinda funny) story short. I ended up getting my dads solicitor to sort it out for me. I wrote a mail explaining my circumstances - mainly that I was in Australia for the date of court appearance and also that I did not receive the mail for weeks after this date. In the end my case was quashed so I didn't have to pay the 650 fine anymore and didn't have a criminal record as a result. I did however have to pay the solicitor about 900 quid to sort it out for me!!

Lesson learnt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

BrianD wrote: »
    Too much anti-social behaviour in the area. On certain days the area is awash with those attending the Methadone Clinics in the area. To have public loos full of junkies would be more of a disservice to the community then a service. This seems to be a problem in most countries and wouldn't be unique to Ireland. Generally, the railway station is the last place you want to spend any more time then you need to.

UV lights, they work a treat. That said, I once saw a guy smoking crack in Tara st. UV won't stop that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭afatbollix

if it was rail security they cant do much... in fact nothing... if the cops werent called your grand...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

anto-t wrote: »
    if it was rail security they cant do much... in fact nothing... if the cops werent called your grand...

Some of the Transport Acts have provisions for fines that can be imposed by Irish Rail; urinating in a station may well be covered under these laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

...Given that its a commuter station, I don't see any real need for loos.

I don't get that at all. crossing Dublin city a commute could easily take well over an hour. Do commuters magically not need toliets?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

One day I went in to the toilets in pearse to wash my hands, when suddenly this junkie comes stumbling out of one of the cubicles with his syringe still in his hand. I'll never forget it, was like something from a George Romero film.

Needless to say I got the fook out of there pretty quickly! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

so you'll be advising dcc not to start putting toilets on the streets either, or spreading your wisdom to older women in particular who go out less and less cos of the lack of toilets available

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Anti-social behaviour is no excuse for not having toilets.

Surely the problem of anti-social behaviour could be solved with those single use toilets that automatically open the door wide after a certain amount of time and disaffect themselves after every use.

Advertisement