Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many of you have a broken GHD at home?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Girls, (and some boys) I recently was very pleasantly surprised by a discovery I made on Ebay. No doubt some of you will know about this already but I think this guy is a God-send. Just search GHD repairs on Ebay, there's a guy in Devon in the UK who repairs them for a very small fee. Was just about resigned to shelling out for my third straightener when I made the discovery. Anyway, it's not often I'm so impressed that I feel the need to share...but this is just amazing. One week exactly from my sending it away in ordinary post, I received both straighteners back, and they're as good as new. Very happy camper. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

I have the same straighteners for the last 3 yrs...They work fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bigmouth

Lucky you! I have been spreading the word to my friends, and they're pretty excited about it!! Thought I'd spread the news.

There are 3 broken ghd's in my house. So thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

My first pair sparked and blew up would have cost £80 for them to fix it, so just got a new one so this is great news :)

:) Great. Glad to help. I know I wouldn't have had two pairs to send off for fixing if I'd heard before so I'm just happy to save someone else a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Bubble19

Bigmouth you are a legend...i was just about to fork out another 150euro for another one 2moro!

Cheers...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

any of the sellers in particular or do they all do the same job ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

ok after i wrote my reply i went to see if i could find my old GHD's - they broke in janurary- found them , plugged them in, working grand ?!
    strange but hey im not complaining :D:D

Edit : :( never mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lainey84

thanks very handy to know
    my ghd is on the go for almost three years and still going so fingers crossed wont need this service any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

noice, was going to buy a new one and all ! cheers bigmouth , alto mine is working fine , it just smells like its burning down my house eveytime i turn it on, am scared now to use it on my hair.

• Advertisement

There is a particular seller Age 9000. I can't say enough good things!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I just get my Dad to fix it for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

Lucky Sarah! I have a broken one too, and one on its last legs. What do you guys use to protect your hair? I was using the tres emme serum but my hair has really fallen to brittle. Might just have to lay off the ole ghd for a while

My hair is quite thick so it survives a lot of abuse, but John Frieda has a heat defense spray thing in Boots, not hugely expensive but does the job. Also got the actual GHD one as part of a set (a present) - scandalously expensive stuff, prob does what it's meant to but I think it's very sticky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nhore

i got my GHD fixed by a lad in Dublin, i posted it to him, he fixed it and he posted it back i got it 3 days later for €20 i was delighted! it wasn't the plug wrong with mine it was a fault that is in alot of ghd's! my friend also got her's fixed she had stood on her ghd and it broke in half and he was able to fix it. pm me if you want his contact details... or his ad is on adverts.ie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement