Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin charges

Options
  • 31-07-2008 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

On top of mgmt fees, I also have an annual refuse collection charge. Is it common practice to pass a proportion of this on to a tenant.

Also, wondering if anyone out there passes on mgmt fees to their tenants?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Whilst renting a house I had to pay for the refuse to be collected, for any additional keys needed, I had to cut the lawns and maintain the house (short of any major work etc). This was on top of any household bills.

I would say feel free to pass on any of the above charges to your tenant. Why not just increase the rent to include the cost of part of the mgt fee?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Your tenants should pay for refuse, shouldn't be an issue there

Re mgmt fee, no thats your responsibilty. Put it this way, if there was no mgmt company the tenant wouldn't have to pay building insurance or for structural upkeep etc

Advertisement