Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boots beyond repair?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi All

Have a pair of Puma Kings that are about six months old.

About a month ago I noticed that as I was changing studs – metal to rubber, that one of the studs would not screw all the way in; after applying a lot of force I ended up having to play with the stud in as far as it would go.

Basically, the thread inside the boot spoiled. Went to a cobbler today and he said he couldn’t help – does this mean I will have to get a new pair of boots?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

That's funny, I didn't know the sub-forum had changed it's name to 'Boards cobblers'.

Ger out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Hi All

Have a pair of Puma Kings that are about six months old.

About a month ago I noticed that as I was changing studs – metal to rubber, that one of the studs would not screw all the way in; after applying a lot of force I ended up having to play with the stud in as far as it would go.

Basically, the thread inside the boot spoiled. Went to a cobbler today and he said he couldn’t help – does this mean I will have to get a new pair of boots?

Superglue the offending stud into the thread. Should sort it out.

Advertisement