Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

campervan rental in europe

Options
  • 31-07-2008 1:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

hi i am trying to find any info on renting a campervan basically the aim is to travel from here "Dublin" and through as much of europe as possible in two weeks. the only need is that the van can be left at a drop off location on mainland europe. anyone with info or links to good sites much appreciated.

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Without researching into too much i would say that you will find it hard to find a one way rental from Dublin. And if you did the fee they would charge for that would be huge as the MH would have to be brought back to Dublin by the rental company. As an example Hertz charged me €67 to bring a car back from Sligo to Dublin. Imagine the cost to bring a MH back from mainland europe.

It might be easier to fly to mainland europe and rent a MH on arrival. It would certainly save you 2 days travelling from here to europe, plus the cost of the ferry fuel etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭sideshowdave

"As an example Hertz charged me €67 to bring a car back from Sligo to Dublin."

wow didnt know it worked like that. will possibly have to change the plan. anyway thanks for the reply.

Advertisement