Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBOOD

Options
  • 31-07-2008 9:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭

I know this has probably been asked before but is IBOOD genuine or is there some sort of scam going on. They sell some good stuff at low prices and as they say "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Its real, add €12.50 for postage regardless of item and don't be expecting it too soon. Sometimes can take a week/month. Never had an issue though, delivery just a bit long

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

IBOOD is real and has been used by myself and many boardsies numerous times....altho I have been dissapointed with their offers for the past while.
    as said before don't be in too much of a hurry to get it delivered....

Do a boards search and you should find a load of threads...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

The deals are genuine, but they provide an absolutely terrible customer service if anything goes wrong or if you want to contact them! I have spent a considerable amount on calls phoning them trying to get refunds and returning items.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭losttheplot

I have to agree about terrible customer service. The worst I have ever experienced. I've placed three orders with them in the last 18 months. The first two orders were OK but took ages to arrive. However, I made the mistake of purchasing two philips tootbrushes nearly 3 months ago. One arrived but the second is still "in progress". I have sent many email queries.
    Never got a response. In fact the only emails ibood ever seems to send is "iBOOD of the day". In my experience they dont send confirmation emails or delivery emails or even respond to queries. Sometimes the cheapest option is definitely not the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Ibood are as honest as myself. Delivery can take a while though, last I heard anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

I have to agree about terrible customer service. The worst I have ever experienced. I've placed three orders with them in the last 18 months. The first two orders were OK but took ages to arrive. However, I made the mistake of purchasing two philips tootbrushes nearly 3 months ago. One arrived but the second is still "in progress". I have sent many email queries.
    Never got a response. In fact the only emails ibood ever seems to send is "iBOOD of the day". In my experience they dont send confirmation emails or delivery emails or even respond to queries. Sometimes the cheapest option is definitely not the best option.

If you search their FAQ you can get the customer service phone number which I tend to call straight after firing off an email. I had a dodgy media HDD and returned it to the manufacturer as requested which came back faulty. I emailed Ibood and rang them (Ron I think) and got a replacement shipped from Ibood directly and refunded for the postage. It did take a while but if you look at the savings you have to equate is the savings worth the time wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

there shipping is slow, but I've used them 7 or 8 times and never had a problem

Advertisement