Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POA - annoying anyone else?

Options
  • 31-07-2008 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Just a question, does anyone on Boards have their house for sale and have POA instead of a price?? Did you go POA on the EA's advice, did it help?

Its seems to me that certain EA are recommending people to go POA rather than just drop the asking price, especially seen certain EA have a much higher percentage of POA's.

I understand why people do it and i realise they think they'll get more interest from a broader spectrum of buyer (in the current market that's :rolleyes:). But really every house that been POA that i've checked out has been higher priced than many similar advertised house prices. So its at the stage were if a see POA i just ignore that house, anyone else think the same?

Even one off houses, do they really need POA? unless of course its a very unusual house, and even at that, i'm sure all seller's have a lower price in mind that they would accept.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

I ignore houses that are POA. If they can't be bothered to give a guide price I can't be bothered being interested in them. As such I think they are more likely to be a barrier to sale than anything else. Certainly in my case I won't even bother looking at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Patrickof

In my most recent experiences it has been the vendors that request the POA listing as they feel their house is worth more than they wish to advertise it for. I tend to agree with the above posters that it is off-putting when seen on daft etc.

But for commercial properties, the POA listing is rather more common - however for different reasons. Examples being that the price isn't always the only issue, long closing times may be negotiated, there may be two prices - one for Subject to PP, one for no PP provisions, maybe even stage payments.

I try to discourage vendors for residential properties from going POA, but there's just no convincing some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Calina wrote: »
    I ignore houses that are POA. If they can't be bothered to give a guide price I can't be bothered being interested in them. As such I think they are more likely to be a barrier to sale than anything else. Certainly in my case I won't even bother looking at them.
    Likewise.
    It means the owners are just fishing, probably not even serious about selling in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,335 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Yep, same with cars, I assume the vendor has an unrelistic opinion of the properties worth and no point in wasting my time with them.

If it was a 2000 acre estate with castle I'd understand the "if you have to ask"...but for a common semi ...its just silliness and best ignored.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭Duckjob

Supercell wrote: »
    Yep, same with cars, I assume the vendor has an unrelistic opinion of the properties worth and no point in wasting my time with them.

If it was a 2000 acre estate with castle I'd understand the "if you have to ask"...but for a common semi ...its just silliness and best ignored.

+1

Particularly in the current difficult selling climate, trying to obfuscate the most important piece of information prospective buyers will want to know is just stupid.

• Advertisement
Advertisement